Military Brides
Options

Photoshoot Wedding?

I just read this:

What do you guys think? 

I think I could have eloped, and if I had I would have wanted a photographer there, just to capture the moments for us and for our families, but I can't see paying as much for an elopement as a full-blown wedding just so that my pictures would end up on some wedding blog that no one outside of that small blogosphere really cares about. I mean, I see the Etsy weddings and Pinterest pins and the blogs where they used typewriters and got married in a cornfield and all and it's pretty (and you know no matter what they say that it either cost them a fortune or they have friends who did all the heavy lifting for free), and I want my wedding to be pretty, but I don't know that I could spend all that money and not have family/friends there. 

Re: Photoshoot Wedding?

• Options
    I love this quote :
    "*Screams so loudly that my voice disappears, and I am forced to live the rest of my life as a mute* Seriously. If you spend $100,000 on a "private ceremony" for two people, not only are you not getting a single "like" from me on your perfectly curated Facebook wedding album, I am defriending you the minute those pics go up. Two can play at this game, Elopezilla."

It sort of made me giggle. 

I totally agree though that is a crap ton of money for two people but to each his own I guess.
  • Options
    Yea, that all seems quite excessive.  If H and I wanted to spend that much money on something for just the two of us, I'd rather put that towards a house.
  • Options
    The last quote pretty much sums up my feelings----->  Wow. Congratulations. Mission accomplished. Everything was perfect, but you had no one to share it with—well, except your hired flower girls, your paid witnesses, and the Facebook void.

Yeah, I'm sure it's nice to be alone with your husband for the day, but I have the rest of my life to be with him (not knocking eloping in general), and if I'm spending that much money I'd want some people there to remember how amazing it was too.
    Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards