Catholic Weddings

wedding programs

Hey ladies, I am trying to get my programs together and came accross a website catholicbrides.com.  They have programs that have templates and you just type everything in.  I was thinking about getting these because while we are having a full catholic mass and ceremony I am not Catholic, Fiance is. Its going to cost about 300 for 150 of them which is about 2 dollars a piece.  I was just wondering what other people are doing for programs that are not DIY.  I did that with the invites and they turned out nice but I just dont have the time now.
Wedding Countdown Ticker "A wedding is a day, a marriage is a lifetime"

Re: wedding programs

• I made my programs on Zazzle.  They were about the only DIY thing I did, so I am not much help.

It did, however, only take about 20 minutes.  I just wanted super-simple.

If you're wanting something more elaborate, or you're concerned about getting the order correct since it is unfamiliar to you, I would think catholicbrides.com would be a great resource.  I think some girls did use them with good results.  Just remember, you don't have to order the same number of programs as guests you are expecting.  We had about 300 guests, so I ordered 125 programs, and I still got a stack of about 20 left over after our ceremony!

Another thing you might consider is asking your parish for a sample program.  One of the coordinators at mine also dabbled in wedding programs, so she had a ton of samples to give me.
    Anniversary

• I'm not much help, because I did mine DIY. I just wanted to say that the DIY route can be as elaborate (or not) as you make it. Mine took a fair amount of love and time, but I have helped friends make them and it took like a morning, including printing. One made simple one-sheet (folded in half) programs and had them printed on colored paper at Kinkos. I'll also be the first to admit that no one cared about or loved my programs as much as me.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm not even going to lie. I took a screenshot of the template and then opened it in Word. Worked like a charm! I know it wasn't exactly the right thing to do, but I also know that websites can "lock" their stuff on their pages so you can't save pictures or take screenshots no matter what you do.

I told my priest about it during confession because I wasn't sure where that fell as far as a sin. He actually laughed when I said it. Apparently, he's had a few DIY brides over the years and it wasn't his first time dealing with this. He told me if I was sorry, I was forgiven... then asked how the program templates came out!!

Truth be told, you could probably ask your parish if they have any samples of templates or programs. My parish has programs from weddings that they give to brides so they have a sample to look at. He said they ask permission from the marrying couple if they can use them as samples.  I also think the ceremony booklet you get has a site with program stuff on it. I haven't really checked it out, but my cousin used the same book 5 years ago and got her program stuff from the site.
  • Riss91Riss91 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Make sure you check out the program templates we have at the bottom of the Ceremony Info page on our website: https://sites.google.com/site/theknotcatholicweddings/ceremony-info

You might be able to edit and then just print them out yourself with little work involved.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards