California-Los Angeles

help! need an indoor venue for 200!

Hi Everyone!

So I feel like we've been looking forever and its only been two months, but we need help finding a venue in the LA area.  Like Pasadena, but open to beach cities, Toluca Lake, downtown LA area.  We're going to have 200 people, and since its for December 2011, I'd like an all indoor venue.  Needs to have room for a dance floor too.  We LOVED City Club but its just too pricey.  Would like to be at or under $25,000 for venue, food, alcohol, cake, tax and tip.

We've been to Verandas (liked the area but didn't like upstairs for dancing), Redondo Beach Historic Llibrary, City Club, Descanso Gardens, and some others.

Basically I would love to find something other than a country club (with a little more pizazz!) but would like catering to already be included...

Any suggestions? Thanks SO much!!!

Re: help! need an indoor venue for 200!

• TysWife2BeTysWife2Be member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Have you tried searching for venues on www.herecomestheguide.com and www.projectwedding.com?
    AAW June 2011 Siggy Challenge : "Daddy and Me"

Photobucket

Wedding Planning Blog (Updated 10/18/10)

• KfmarriedKfmarried member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I found my venue on Here Comes The Guide! 

What about Union Station?  Not sure about the price or anything but it is a big, impressive venue! 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Anniversary
    Love is friendship on fire!
    2012 Reading Challenge
    Melissa has read 0 books toward her goal of 52 books.
    hide
  • edited December 2011
    The Victorian in Santa Monica can fit 250, I believe.

What about hotels?
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks Ladies! Checking out University Club of Pasadena this week so fingers crossed...
  • sfchicksfchick member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Have you tried Pasadena Museum of California Art? A friend attended a wedding there and said it was awesome. I've gone to shows there but not events.

A place I really wanted was the Pasadena Museum of Asian Art, I think it's half inside, half outside. Beautiful courtyard. Incredible place to take photos too. Let us know how it goes.
  • edited December 2011
    The PMCA doesn't hold 200 but I love that place too!  I'll check out the PMAA! Thanks!
  • Robyn5298Robyn5298 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Name Dropper 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    Have you looked at The Park Plaza?  Friends of mine got married there and it was fabulous!  Its right next to MacArthur Park - I guess that would make the neighborhood Echo Park, or maybe Westlake?

http://www.parkplazala.com/sites/courses/layout9.asp?id=445&page=13497
  • edited December 2011
    Also check out The Masonic Temple in Pasadena. Got married there last year and it's amazing - the price wasn't bad either, but they don't include catering. You simply can't tell how beautiful it is on the inside simply by driving by, you need to go in.
    KRISTEN SIMENTAL PHOTOGRAPHY *** Weddings, Events, Portraits, and More! *** www.kristensimental.com
  • edited December 2011
    I've seen it online and it looks really pretty but I think my parents were concerned about it being SO close to MacArthur park...was the area okay around there?  Did you feel safe?
  • Robyn5298Robyn5298 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Name Dropper 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    I didn't feel threatened at all that the park was so close.  Of course I wouldn't recommend walking through Macarthur Park at night, but that's true of every park in this city.

Go check it out, its surprisingly beautiful for that part of town.  If you love it and are still concerned about your guests parking around there, you could always spring for a valet.
  • edited December 2011
    We are having our reception at the FantaSea Yacht Club in Marina del Rey. You can have your wedding/reception on one of their yachts or in the club. It is a family owned company and they don't have set prices...they can definitely work with a budget. I know the club can hold 200 people (that is where we are doing our reception). Plus it is a beautiful venue that overlooks the marina. They are even including the flowers and the cake. Ask for John Williams-Jacob and he will take great care of you!

Hope that helps!
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone!
  • edited December 2011
    okay - we've narrowed it down to two.  Oakmont Country Club in Glendale and the University Club in Pasadena...anyone have thoughts on either place??  Thanks!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards