Retro and Vintage Weddings

Ok girls, I need some help

Here's a post I made on a blog site, but I only got one response. I would love to get some opinions from you guys

"About a year ago I chopped off my long red hair. I love my new short hair, but I always pictured myself at my wedding with long hair. There are so many ways to style long hair, but now that I don't have it I need some ideas as to how to dress up my short hair and make it wedding-worthy. Does anyone know of any good websites that have ideas for short wedding hairtyles? Or maybe some cute inspiration photos to share??? I would like to have a flower or feather hair clip, and I don't like headbands."

So here's some pictures... 

Please don't mind the picture of me drinking a beer (it was really good, by the way), but this picture shows what my hair looks like all the time.

This picture was taken before I trimmed my hair. I was going to let it grow out again, but I've decided to keep it short. I was going to do a little tuck bun in the back, but that's not the case now. I like the look of a flower clip, but this one is too bright. I am using deep red and deep purple in the wedding. I also love peacock feathers and black feathers.

Here's a picture of me in my gown, but I won't be wearing a veil. My hair will probably be a little bit shorter than it is in this picture.

Visit Gothic.weddings.com

Re: Ok girls, I need some help

• I LOVE your haircut AND your gown!  

My first thought, when I saw your hair, was "1960s."  I immediately pictured a "bump" at the top/back, to add a bit of fun/height.  Since you mentioned putting a flower in your hair, I envisioned a row of three fake flowers lining the front of the bump.  

If you DON'T want to use a veil, I would suggest that the flowers be white.  But if you WOULD be willing to add a simple veil (probably one that would reach the top of the back of your dress), then you could be daring and use three black flowers, instead.  (The black of the flowers and white of the veil would look pretty with the black and white of your dress.)  

Anyway, those are my first thoughts.  Hopefully, other gals will have other ideas to help you.  
  • I'd say the same kinda thing.  I've had my hair cut similarly and to dress it up I would pull the front and sides up and put a cute clip in back (or for you, feather or flower).  You could do the whole smooth bump thing on top to give that classic, vintage look.  I've been on the lookout for cute short hair looks too!  I'll let you know if I come across anything!
  • NukkeNukke member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    Your hair is gorgeous, and I agree with PP that pulling off a 60s chic look would be a snap.  Just add a bouffant and voila!

However, I'm pretty sure you're going for a Victorian look, so this is where your short hair could be tricky.  I don't think creating victorian hair is necessary, but you probably at least want to stay away from the 60s chic look.

adding simple soft curls to your hair would probably be the easiest change you could do.  Part your hair at the side, and put a hair clip in the side with the least amount of hair.  You can curl pieces and either sweep everything back, or even go for a 20s or 30s wave look.  I gathered some simple pictures for you to consider.  If you're going for curls or soft waves, be sure to stress to your hairdresser that you want soft romantic waves, not Shirley Temple curls.  :D

or something completely different (more victorian)

Our Wedding Website
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic image
  • Thanks so much everyone for the input. nukke, I'm loving that first picture. It kinda reminds me of my favorite hair and make-up inspiration picture that I used to have in my bio (it might still be there, I should probably look)

Visit Gothic.weddings.com
  • I've been growing my hair out and all I want to do is chop it off! Here are some pretty short hairstyles

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards