Registry and Gift Forum
Options

Website Wording Regarding Registry

I'm a New Yorker getting married in Florida - where I grew up. I know that transporting gifts home is going to be a challenge. I made sure that many of our registry selections have free shipping options, but I know that sometimes people like to bring wrapped gifts to a wedding. Is there a way to tactfully mention the shipping option on my wedding website? I don't want to sound greedy or assuming, so at this point, I'd rather not make mention of it at all. Unless anyone has a brilliant suggestion...

Thanks in advance for your advice!

Re: Website Wording Regarding Registry

• Options
    There's no way of doing this.  I was married in FL and live in CA.  Only a couple of guests brought gifts to the wedding and we had them shipped back to CA.  Most people will know to send a gift to your home before the wedding.  It's up to you to get your gifts back home.
    Ignorance is a poor defense. Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    People will have the common sense to either ship a gift to you or bring it to a shower (which maybe will be closer to home for you?). 

If they do bring a physical gift to the wedding, ship it home - there's not really a way to say you'd rather have it shipped. But I bet people figure it out :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards