Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums

Natural curls

My fiance absolutely adores my naturally curly hair and would really like me to wear it down for the wedding. Of course I want to look beautiful for him on our wedding day, but, as any curly girl knows, leaving it down means dealing with the ever-present frizz factor. I use a styling gel on a regular basis which helps a lot, but I will need something more to keep my curls frizz free all day. Any suggestions for keeping curls looking good right down to the last photo?
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Natural curls

• If you're having your hair professionally styled before the wedding, your stylist should use the right products to keep you looking good.  If you're doing it yourself maybe you can ask your stylist about the right products.  But the biggest thing is to condition, condition, condition!  If you don't use a leave in conditioner before your styling gel you might want to try that.
    Whoever said it was supposed to be happily ever after is a big fat liar.
  • I would talk to a stylist now about what kind of products you should start using to make your hair as healthy as possible in preparation for your big day.  And maybe do a half up half down look so that your fiance gets what he wants and some of it is up and "controlled"? good luck
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I have naturally curly hair as well and I swear by the John Freida line.  I use Dream Curls  or Spiral Style on a daily basis and it keeps my curls frizz-free :)

I know this was more related to your wedding day hair, but thought this would be helpful for your daily routine :)

• My hair girl used Deva Curl ArcAngel on my hair on my wedding day.  I loved it so much I bought some for myself after the wedding.... pics for you:

My goal for 2013...Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • My hair is thick and naturally curly.  I use Tresamme shampoo and conditioner (I especially love its Touchable Softness line).

For product, I swear by Aveda - and for that matter, Aveda salons.  I use the "Be Curly" in the small grey bottle and the curl control in the beige and green bottle.  After I finish blowdrying it with a diffuser, I spray it with the witch hazel hairspray (holds it but you don't feel it).
    AKA GoodLuckBear14
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards