Florida-Central Florida
Options

Wonderful Surprise PIP

So I was looking for my wedding dress over the past week.  I thought I wanted an Impression gown and the only place local was at a bridal salon, Adventura, in the Seminole Town Center.  The sales ladies were awesome and it was such a relaxed atmosphere.  She even pulled an empire waisted gown which I ended up buying, not the Impression gown.  I highly recommend giving them a chance if you don't have your dress. 

Here is me in my dress.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Wonderful Surprise PIP

• Options
    edited December 2011
    You look great! Congratulations.
  • Options
    kriistinuhkriistinuh member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the vendor feedback, I'm starting my dress hunt next week and I came across their website but had never heard anything about them.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I am happy that you found a dress, but would like to comment on the service at Aventura.  I have been in there a couple of times, and have been completely ignored.  Maybe because I was by myself both times before so they asumued I was just looking around.  Regardless, they should have acknowledged me.  Then yesterday I was at the mall and saw a gown on a manaquine when I walked by that I wanted to try.  The woman there finally talked to me for a minute, but was not very friendly. Then when I asked about looking at the other dresses on the racks and she told me it was "appointment only".  Understandable except there was not a single other person in the store.  She pretty much made me feel like I was not worth her time...like she thought I just wanted to play dress up or something. I guess she didn't notice the ring on my left hand. Regardless, she was rude and did not want to help me.  I know everyone has different experiences at each salon, but I just wanted to vent about Aventura and how I will not be trying on the gown I feel could be "the one" unless I can find it someplace else.  
  • Options
    lissetterlissetter member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I bought my gown from Aventura as well. My first impression of this store was poor because when I called to make an appointment no one picked up the phone and what came up was a standard cell phone voice mail message. I thought this was weird but decided to call back a few minutes later. The consultant who took the call was pretty abrupt with me but we made the appointment. When I showed up for the appointment I was not expecting to find my gown at this place and to be honest I was not crazy about the consultant (the same one I had spoken to). She was new at the store but has been a consultant for years however her personality rubbed me the wrong way at first. However, I did find a great gown that I loved at a price I was happy with. They sell a bunch of sample gowns at $500 but they are in good shape. Alterations are done in house and I am only paying $150 to have my dress taken from a halter to a strapless sweetheart neckline, bustle, hem, fix a small hole in one of the seams, and take it in if I need to. I thought this was a good price. They do not hover over you and let you take the time to select gowns and discuss without being pushy. I also came in the next day with a bunch of my family to try on my dress again and parade around. While I was not 100% thrilled about my experience there I will say they have some great gowns and are very willing to customize them to make them into your dream gown.
  • Options
    lissetterlissetter member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_florida-central-florida_wonderful-surprise-pip?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:66Discussion:7b6b66b8-7798-4857-ac15-ef857f156e81Post:e1675174-0366-4bf8-ad84-dd6655b7f2fd">Wonderful Surprise PIP</a>:
    [QUOTE]So I was looking for my wedding dress over the past week.  I thought I wanted an Impression gown and the only place local was at a bridal salon, Adventura, in the Seminole Town Center.  The sales ladies were awesome and it was such a relaxed atmosphere.  She even pulled an empire waisted gown which I ended up buying, not the Impression gown.  I highly recommend giving them a chance if you don't have your dress.  Here is me in my dress.
    Posted by ssj2[/QUOTE]

Also, I love your dress!
  • Options
    kriistinuhkriistinuh member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Umm yes, after being at another salon we decided to check out somewhere else and I went in there today with my two bridesmaids thinking "It's Monday and the shop is in the mall, it shouldn't be a problem to go in without and appointment." BOY WAS I WRONG! I had this same exact experience with a lady sitting behind the counter. No one was even in the store, I asked if I could look at the wedding dresses. Then I realized almost all of them were blocked off so my sister asked if we could go look at those. She rudely said, "It's appointment only." To which my sister replied, "Well do you have any available?" (She wasn't doing anything..) "No, we don't do appointments on Mondays." That was it, no asking if we'd like to set something up for another day, and she didn't even greet us when we walked in, just stared at us as if we were not welcomed. 
    I will not be going back.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    edited December 2011
    What a beautiful dress! Congrats on finding it!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Anniversary
  • Options
    ssj2ssj2 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sorry to hear about the bad experiences others had.  I made an appt with them so I didn't have any of those issues.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Love the dress! You look beautiful!
    image182 Invited! image108 Are ready to party!
    image74 Are seriously missing out! Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards