Vermont

The Essex

Anyone having their weddings at The Essex (Inn at Essex)? I'm considering it for my wedding next year. The problem now is deciding between the ballroom and the salon. The ballroom is bigger but I'm worried about the location (it's a half basement thing)

So what do you think about this venue?

Re: The Essex

• edited December 2011
    I was considering it but we decided on the Round Barn instead.  The food at the Essex is amazing but I just didn't love the reception space. 
    How many people are you having?  You definitely don't want to cram lots of people into the salon.

I'm sure it will be wonderful either way!
  • ashkate5ashkate5 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting married at The Essex next July but we are having the reception in The Atrium because the ballroom and/or salon would have been too small. How many people are you expecting at your wedding? Did you consider the Atrium? It is really nice with all the windows, less like a traditional ballroom.
  • delfin59delfin59 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm planning to have around 50 to 75 people so the ballroom will probably be big enough, but yeah I like the Atrium too! But wow the price difference haha. I was planning to just keep the guestlist under 50 and have it in the salon but now I'm not sure anymore :(

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards