Oregon
Options

Reception Music

I'm doing an IPod reception and I know a few of you guys have mentioned doing it as well. Would you mind giving me your playlists? I'm in dire need of some inspiration.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Reception Music

• Options
    sarahmarietmsarahmarietm member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'd like to jump on this train too please. We're less than a month out and STILL haven't picked out music.  I'm freakin' out maaaaaaaaan!
    Photobucket
  • Options
    DramaGeekDramaGeek member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't think I have our must play list anymore, but it was a lot of oldies - Beach Boys, Mamas and the Papas, etc.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I don't have mine done either .. but right now I have a few songs I'm definitely added to the list.
    September - Earth, Wind and Fire -- I mean come on, I had to!
    When You Got a Good Thing — Lady Antebellum (it's going to be our first dance)
    Need You Now — Lady Antebellum
    Down — JaySean (?) - song played over and over when we were just starting to date last summer

As for the rest .. still working on it. I want a mix of country and classic rock. FI wants more heavy metal/rock. So we are trying to blend. But cripes - how do I explain Five Finger Death Punch -- and other music that is screaming -- to some of the people there in their 60s?? Especially when we are talking backyard BBQ for the reception? Laughing
  • Options
    edited December 2011

My fiance and I dj'd a wedding a week and a half ago.. and we were told to not worry about the music during dinner and to eat... so we did a genius play list for our friend (we traded services with her)...

Let's Stay Together - Al Green
    Sexual Healing - Marvin Gaye
    When a Man Loves a Woman - Percy Sledge
    Stand By Me - Ben E. King
    My Cherie Amour - Stevie Wonder
    Under the Boardwalk - The Drifters
    Soul Man - Sam & Dave
    Rescue Me - Fontella Bass
    Shake You Down - Gregory Abbott
    Always and Forever - Heat Wave
    (Night Time Is) The Right Time - Ray Charles
    My Guy - Mary Wells

She wanted a bunch of MoTown and easy listening music for cocktail hour and dinner.  After dinner (prior to the live band she had) we played a lot of Isaac Hayes, Marvin Gaye, Stevie Wonder, Al Jareau, Eric Clapton, BB King.. so on..

Hope that helps you..

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Kizat ... I'm stealing a few of those! Smile
  • Options
    sarahmarietmsarahmarietm member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies!
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    if I ever had time for the internet outside of work, I'd pull some of the records we bought for our friend's wedding.  We got a lot of compliments from guests that the music was perfect and they loved it.

Not to mention the bride and groom who were thrilled.

I'll try to remember, but I make no promises.
    Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind. - Dr. Seuss
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards