Pennsylvania-Philadelphia

Crystal Tea Room

I wanted to book the Crystal Tea Room for my reception. However, I keep getting mixed messages on the food. Has anyone been or had their wedding there? How was the food??
Thanks!

Re: Crystal Tea Room

• edited December 2011
    Ehh.. I hear the food is so-so also.  We were going to book the Ballroom @ the Ben by Finley and decided against it because of a few friends who had been to weddings by them and commented that the food was just average.
  • edited December 2011
    I went to a wedding last weekend at the Ballroom.  The food was pretty good.   The tray-passed hors at cocktail hour were awesome.  The entree presentation isn't very good though, everything just kind of ran together on the plate.  I'm not sure if the bride and groom got their cake through them, but I didn't like the cake at all. Very dry.

However, the viennese table was OFF THE HOOK.  So overall dessert was amazing.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Crystal Tea Room was good, but with its rep I expected it to be the best food Ive ever had. The place was gorgrous, and the food was good, but nothing spectacular.  like PP, i loved everyhting about Ballroom at the Ben.
  • teacup0618teacup0618 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We booked for the Ballroom at the Ben for next Sept. and will be doing our food tasting VERY soon...if you like I can email you and let you know how it goes.
    Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Nean324Nean324 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    FI and I looked at the Crystal Tea Room in March 2009... still awaiting a phone call from their wonderful sales team with a price quote... needless to say, the service we received was less than stellar so we decided to book elsewhere. Hope you receive better treatment than we did. 
    "I don't need another kind of green to know I'm on the right side with you" John Mayer
  • dalbright23dalbright23 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That would be great if you would let me know. I wanted to book for Nov 2011. It's making me kind of nervous because food is very important.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards