Honeymoon Discussions

Round the World ticket

Has anyone every bought a round the world or airpass ticket? one world and star alliance have them, and we might try to hit a few differernt cities/countries on our honeymoon, so I wanted to know if anyone had any experience with them?  Thanks!

Re: Round the World ticket

• I haven't heard of it before. But after looking it up it seems a bit pricey compared to just doing an open jaw flight or something similar.

What type of a honeymoon are you wanting to do?
    What is your budget?
    How much time can you be gone?

I think honestly if you had an unlimited budget and you were just going to fly by the seat of your pants it might be worth it. But it seems very strict and only certain airlines will participate. Makes it much harder to travel.

http://www.nomadicmatt.com/travel-tips/buying-a-rtw-ticket/
    That is the article I read. I also looked at Star Alliances RTW page, but they didn't explain how the fee's worked very well.

• edited February 2013
    I have looked into it, but mostly out of curiosity since there is no way I'll ever be able to take that much time off until I'm retired! That being said, I've looked into One World and Star Alliance. There are a lot of rules and such and the website is just there to help you plan. I definitely recommend calling and speaking with an agent to get details.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards