Oklahoma

Pre Cana

Hey All!!
I am getting Married in MN but my FI is currently at Vance AFB in Enid, OK. So although I never am on this board I though you ladies would be interested in this.

My FI and I had our Pre-Cana or Marriage Prep class this last wknd. For us it is a requirement for our Catholic Ceremony. However, we couldn't find one in MN that worked with my FI so I made another trip to OK.

Well I am really glad I did. I actually had a lot of fun. I was surprised that my FI was so open and candid during the entire day. He is usually very quiet and especially since he is in the final months of Pilot Training I was expecting him to be pre-occupied.

Anywho to the point- They had some awesome speakers that were very candid about their own relationships and struggles. Which I appreciated. Even if it isn't a requirement I would recommend a Prep Class to anyone. We talked about everything from Sex to Money to How we spent holidays as a child. It was a lot of fun and my FI shared some personal things to me that he hadn't before. So I learned so new things.

For anyone that is up in the air about it. I give it 2 thumbs up.

Re: Pre Cana

• edited December 2011
    Hey, thanks for posting this info.  :-)
  • edited December 2011
    No problem. :) I feel like with all the time I have spend in OK the last year I should write more. But all my wedding planning is back here in MN.

I should mention the class was in OKC.
    We also got our Epics done by Matt Martin (http://mattmartinphotography.com/) in OKC and loved him.

I am working on adding him to our BIO. :)
  • elliestanelliestan member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    aww that's great! My fiance lives in San Antonio and I live in OK and he decided he wants to convert to Catholicism before we get married (though I told him it's not something he has to do - no pressure from me!). He hasn't started RCIA yet, I think I need to go down there and help him pick out a parish, but we're having a pretty long engagement so I'm guessing we'll do our pre-cana after he finishes. I'm glad to hear you enjoyed it - congrats on getting closer to your honey!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards