Hawaii
Options

Caterers and other vendors in the Kona area

Hey ladies,
So I am a Knot newbie. I absolutely love the Hawaii wedding board and have already gotten so many great ideas!
I am getting married in Kona at the Ohana Retreat in February 2012 and am currently searching for vendors for the wedding, specifically caterers. There seem to be 2 big ones that everyone talks about, but they are really expensive, so I am looking for some more reasonably priced. I'm sure there have to be more out there!
If anyone has any recommendations on caterers, or other vendors in the Kona area, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks so much!

Re: Caterers and other vendors in the Kona area

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Ooh, let me know how you like the place! We almost booked it for a family reunion there this summer. Will you be staying there as well as having the wedding there?

Welcome to the board! We don't have too many BI brides, so we're always looking for people (like you!) to share their experiences.
  • Options
    kk8kk8
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are staying at Ohana Retreat and having the reception there as well, but w are planning on getting married in a Catholic Church in Kona. From what we have seen of the place so far, it is wonderful! The couple that owns the place happens to live about 40 minutes from us in Oregon, so we were able to meet with her and she gave us videos and pictures, which was awesome. I will definitely let you know what we think.
    I am quickly learning that I am one of the few BI brides, which is quite tricky when looking for advice, but I will be sure to post what I find to help all those others that will be BI brides!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi!  I'm getting married at the Fairmont in April.  We'll use them for catering so I'm not much help there I'm afraid but I'd be happy to help with anything else I can!  I assume you've looked at Paradise Gourmet Catering? 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm also a Kona Bride (April 2012) and would be very curious to hear what vendors you use, kk8. I am still in need of an officiant so please let me know who you are using :)
  • Options
    steffielalasteffielala member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi Ladies, 

I am getting married in Kona this June.  We booked Captain's Table Catering for food. They are definitely reasonably priced. We are having luau type cuisine.  We are going in April and will do a tasting then, I will let you know what we think.  For a DJ we are using Good Vibrationz. Flowers by Momma is our florist, but I think they are pricy...we haven't gotten our final price quote yet.  Let me know if you have any questions, we seem to have mostly everything lined up. 

Stephanie
  • Options
    kk8kk8
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Thanks so much for the info Stephanie. I look forward to hearing your reviews on your vendors. If you happen to use a wedding coordinator at all or hear of any that are good, please pass that info along as well. I think I will just need someone to do day of set-up while we are at the church for the ceremony, so if you know of anyone or are using anyone you can recommend that would be wonderful! Have fun with your tasting, can't wait to hear about it!

Kayla

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Stephanie and Kayla,

Who are you using as an officiant?
  • Options
    kk8kk8
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

We are actually getting married at a Catholic Church, so no need to find an officiant.

• Options
    steffielalasteffielala member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey ladies,

My fiance grew up on the island, so we are using a family friend as an officiant. We are not having a coordinator since his family is still there and can help out.  But we did look into having a coordinator and she was really nice. Her name is Helen. Check out her website www.konaweddings.com  She does it all...so she may also be able to help you find vendors too.  We met with her in July and we loved her, but later realized we didn't need a coordinator.  Her husband is an officiant, so that is an option for those who are looking.  I'm getting super excited, my dress just came in!! TIme is flying by!! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards