Ohio-Columbus
Options

Are you having a Videographer?

Hey... I am torn!  I don't know if I should hire a videographer or not!  I definitely care more about the pictures, so I don't know if I should just spend more on a photographer or if I should try to do both.  What are you doing... are you having a videographer at your wedding?

Thanks!
Wedding Countdown Ticker
image 323 Made the List!
image 114 Are ready to Dance!
image 12 Can't make it!
image 197 Forgot how to use Snail Mail!

Re: Are you having a Videographer?

• Options
    Freckles27Freckles27 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was really on the fence until 2 months before my wedding, when I decided to do it.  I was able to get it for less than $400 all day because these photographers are trying to get into the business and wanted to practice.  Just got a preview of it today and it made me cry, because even though we had the pictures, the video was there to get the emotion instead of all smiles.
    So I say, do it but since it's not a do or die thing and doesn't have to be perfect, get it cheap and hire someone like mine (Picture Perfect Portraits), or find a student wanting material for practice or something like that.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    No, we aren't having a videographer. Most people have said they are definitely worth it though. Oftentimes you can get package deals. We are just having a family member record as much of the day as possible.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are not going to get a videographer...I'd rather spend my money elsewhere.  My mom got one at hers, about 15 years ago, so before digital everything, but she never, ever watched it.  My sister got married a couple of years ago and did not have one, she doesn't seem like she's missing it.  Another idea is to buy a small digital video camera, and entrust someone to record parts of the evening. 
  • Options
    brih86brih86 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    No we aren't doing one.  It wasn't one of my priorities and I didn't want to spend the money on it.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yes i am definitly having one. I have many friends who have had one and watch there video over and over again. You have to think after your wedding is all over all u have left 1 year, 5 years , 10 years down the road  is your pictures and a video. I just think its a really neat thing to have years down the road to watch on anniversary's and to show your kids someday even. I can see how some people dont think its very imporantant but i am the girl that has everything on video from when i was 3 years old. till now Every Birthday , Holiday, Dance Recital, so it was a no brainer for me =)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    YES!  That is something I cannot pass up.  What you can see and get from the video doesn't compare to pictures.  If your trying to save money, I suggest finding a cheap one... or even just record your ceremony or a couple of hours (some allow you to pay by the hour) instead of all day coverage.  It's something you'll have forever!  My sister got married almost 2 years ago and we love to watch it when all the family gets together.  It's like your re-living the day all over it.  MUCH worth it I'd say! 
  • Options
    emanosemanos member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yes I am using prodigy video HD.  This was a must for me.  

The wedding goes by so fast...that is the one thing most brides I know have regretted if they opted out of the videographer.  Even if you find a student from a art school to film it...get it recorded!  You will have no regrets this way!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am also using Prodigy Video. Not only do I like the idea of having our ceremony and reception recorded for myself, but I like how I can get copies of the dvd made to send to families/ friends who may be unable to attend.

I don't imagine our video is something we'll watch too frequently, but we have friends who watch their video every anniversary which I think is really special :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Nope, my fiance and I don't feel its necessary. We'll probably ask our photogrpaher to do a photo slide show, but that's about it.
    kissing

imageimage

BabyFruit Ticker

BFP: 10/26/11 EDD: 6/28/12

• Options
    aldavisaldavis member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It was something that I thought would be nice, but wasn't a priority.  We asked a close friend to get us the video camera as a wedding gift because he offered to get us something "big".  Then my cousin recorded the ceremony and key parts of the reception.
    A
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    It was a priority to me as well, down the road the pictures, the video and your memories are all your going to have left.  I have had so many times when I watch a video or look at pictures and think I don't remember that, so I want to remember as much as possible from my wedding.  I am using Westie productions.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    we're having a videographer. FI really wants one and I worry that I may decide two weeks out that it would  be nice (we're still over a year away) I've heard that a lot of girls forget the little moments of the day and thats what the video would help us with
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    After watching my best friends video I decided I really wanted one. She made some really good points that now she forever has the moment of her walking down the aisle and the expression on each others faces. Also, the moments of her getting ready when her mom and grandma helped her into her dress. Kind of a nice momento since these people won't always be around.

We are using AddVision, but she used Prodigy and they did an amazing job.
  • Options
    HappyJPHappyJP member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm having one.  My FI's brother didn't have a videographer and his wife wishes they had gotten one.  Also one of my friends had a videographer and we had a fun time watching her video.  She said she was glad she had gotten it because it allowed her to see moments from the reception that she missed (since she couldn't be everywhere at once).  I spent a lot on photography so I tried to find a more affordable videographer.  I went with Familyography which I found out about on Wedding Wire.  I think the videos they do are slightly less jazzy than some of the other videographers, but were still good.  
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards