New Jersey
Options

Bridal shower location around Princeton

The bride has suggested the Princeton area since people are coming from eastern PA and Central NJ.  Any suggestions because I am not familiar with the restaurants around there?  Thanks!

Re: Bridal shower location around Princeton

• Options
    cindyn9178cindyn9178 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I really like the restaurant Carlucci's Italian Grill, it is in West Windsor. The food is excellent, the prices are great, and it is BYOB. You should definitely check it out.
    http://www.carluccisitaliangrill.com/about.cfm?CFID=1601531&CFTOKEN=98415546
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The Salt Creek Grille is on Rt 1 in Princeton.  I hear good things about them.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    cindyn9178cindyn9178 member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-jersey_bridal-shower-location-around-princeton?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:90Discussion:f8e5e6e6-5590-4658-9cd4-f3b088ffd0f0Post:6f8b123a-dc7e-4978-ad1b-248222781948">Re: Bridal shower location around Princeton</a>:
    [QUOTE]The Salt Creek Grille is on Rt 1 in Princeton.  I hear good things about them.
    Posted by amor133[/QUOTE]
    Oh yeah, forgot about that place. It has a really cool atmosphere, but I remember it being overpriced, like $15 for a glass of wine or something crazy like that.
  • Options
    Lobsters25Lobsters25 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Capuano's in West Windsor - they are so sweet, have great food, and have hosted a ton of our friends' family events.

I've lived in Princeton my whole life so can certainly give you recs depending on budget and cuisine, and local great dessert options.

What kind of food, what size party, and what price range (pp) could help us point you in the right direction a bit better!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    La Mezzaluna on Witherspoon St. Camillo's Cafe in Princeton Shopping Center. Triumph Brewing Company on Nassau St.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I was looking into Carluccis because I know of their south jersey location.  Probably approximately 30 people, $20-$30/pp, don't really care what kind of food.  Any place that has a private room for a luncheon.  I am willing to look in the East Windsor, Hopewell, Pennington areas, nothing too far from the PA border since people will be coming from Philly area.  Thanks!
  • Options
    Lobsters25Lobsters25 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Okay, a few options then-

Capuano's - Italian, great service, and great food right in West Windsor (very close to the train station, too, for people coming in from any nearby cities)
    Eno Terra - amazing, amazing food, all local and/or organic and great wine menu.  They have a private space upstairs.  Located in Kingston (right next to Princeton)
    Positano's - great Italian in Plainsboro with an outdoor seating area, too. BYOB.
    Salt Creek Grill - though a steakhouse, there is always some sort of event going on when I'm there.  The food is great, drinks are great, and people are great.  Just outside of downtown Princeton on rt 1.
    Rocky Hill Inn - cute little inn, usually quiet, in Rocky Hill (just outside of Princeton), American cuisine

I recommend avoiding Mediterra (it's grown the nickname Medi-terrible by the locals these days.  The new chef just is not working out I gather.)  Also, for the sake of parking, you might want to avoid anything on Nassau or Witherspoon St unless you think everyone would be fine trying to get into the lot or feeding the meter.  Everything I've listed above does have parking.
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards