Oregon
Options

Attending PDX bridal show this weekend?

I was just wondering if anyone else was going to this weekend.  Surprised it has not been brought up yet.  I am attending Saturday A.M. with my mom, SIL and MOH and am pretty jazzed about it.  I know most of the vendors will be way out of budget for me and my (likely) Salem wedding but I hope to get some ideas. Many girly giggles will be had this weekend :)

Re: Attending PDX bridal show this weekend?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I just logged on here to post the same question! I am going with my mom, sister (MOH), and future SIL (bridesmaid). We are looking forward to it, too! I bought tickets ahead of time and preregistered because someone told me that was a good idea. Any idea how busy it is on Saturday mornings? I mean, does a person need to get in line at 8 if the doors open at 10:30? We already have most of our vendors so, like you, are mostly going for some bonding time and creative ideas. Do you think they would notice if we brought in mimosas in a water bottle? :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oooo, didn't think about mimosas! I was pretty sure that coffee would be needed and maybe by accident some liquor gets involved, lol.  I also got tickets early and registered so I could just walk in and get going right away without the delay needing to register.  I plan to show up late on purpose to avoid the massive crowd. You can stay all day so I don't see why I need to be there on time. What is the deal with the rule of no cameras? Do they really think they can prevent it? I suppose blurry phone pics will have to do.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'll be there with my mom, MOH & future MIL for the Saturday AM time!  Can't wait to check out all the stuff and taste the wedding cake samples!!Tongue out
  • Options
    DramaGeekDramaGeek member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If you haven't already, make labels with your name/address/phone number/email.  Most of the booths have cards to fill out, and it's so much easier to slap a label on than to fill out one million little postcards.

Have fun!
  • Options
    KarliVtobeKarliVtobe member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ladies, make sure to stop by booth #606! My staitionary deisgner (Debbie Bakkensen of Designby1111.com) will be there and she's AMAZING.  She created such a buzz about our save the dates. I had people calling and sending me cards telling me how beautiful and creative they were. She will work with any budget. Stop by and chat w/ her! You won't be disappointed!

I love the idea of labels too. So smart!

Have a great time.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    i would suggest setting up an email just for wedding stuff too - you will be getting a lot of advertisements in the months to come and you don't want your normal email box getting cluttered up.

don't expect just to walk right in either - if you get there at 10ish you could still stand in line for over an hour.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm going to the Saturday morning show myself with my sister and my best friend. looking forward to it can't wait. funny the few of us that have responded to the post are all going to the same show.  Anyway all have fun.
    August 2011 sig challenge: Fave e-pic Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Labels are such a good idea! Thanks! I just printed mine off. I didn't know about the no camera rule so thanks for passing that on and saving me a long walk back to the car. We will probably get there around 9:45 and hopefully beat the hour-long wait. Then again, if it is pouring down rain, we will probably shoot for 10:30. :)Bring on the wedding cake samples and fun!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards