Not Engaged Yet

Does anyone on NEY care about Hunger Games?

Anyone caught the fever yet? Anyone? Hello??

They just announced the release date for the movie... March 23, 2012. Which means casting should be announced soon! I'm terribly excited, and it really is dead here today.

Re: Does anyone on NEY care about Hunger Games?

• Hazel_BHazel_B member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I read all the books, but I'm not interested in the movies.

They are going to cater to the age that the books are intended for (like Twilight) and will be done based on that age.  I wish HBO had the rights to them.
  • motoLynmotoLyn member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    hahaha I read the first book in less than 2 days, haven't had time to read the second one I might order that for my Nook this weekend.  I wonder what the movie will be like.
  • Blue & WhiteBlue & White member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
    I read/loved the books, but don't really know about the movies.  I mean, there's going to be a LOT of people dying, in kinda grotesque ways.  It'll depend how the movies are done whether I'll like them.

For instance, I liked the Twilight books, but haven't seen a movie after the 1st because the 1st movie was totally not what I wanted.  I'm picky ;)
    I guess, to tell you the truth, I've never had much of a desire to grow facial hair. I think I've managed to play quarterback just fine without a mustache. - Peyton
  • heyimbrenheyimbren member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree Hazel, but I can understand why they're doing that. The plot is extremely violent, but I'll be honest that I don't want my little sister watching some R-rated film when whe loves the books so much.

I have hope, though. I think it can be just as thrilling if done properly.
  • Hazel_BHazel_B member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    When I read them in Spain I was super excited when my sister told me that they were making it into a movie. She then explained who got the rights to them and that destroyed my excitement.

I prefer when movies stay true to the books. This will show my age, but I guess it was like me reading RL Stine and Christopher Pike when I was that age. I just don't think they should make the movie if they have to edit a ton out. I also have a hard time with the idea of having kids of that age acting out some of those scenes in order to stay true to the book.  There are some really distrubing parts.
  • KatyRoseMKatyRoseM member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I really liked the books (but not the end).  I don't see how they can do a good job with the movies, but that won't stop me from going to see it. 
  • edited December 2011
    LOVE Hunger games. I haven't gotten to read Mockingjay yet, but once school is out I'll be all over it. I hope they keep it true to the book, without showing any crazy gore scenes. I think they can be tasteful, I can't wait to see Katnis's fire costume in real life, it better live up to my imaginary version.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    just got an email that my copy is now available at the library.  I'm excited
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • desertsundesertsun member
    edited December 2011
    Bren-- were you satisfied with how the books ended? I hate to start a series if I'll be disappointed in the end and I've read quite a few negative reviews of Mockingjay.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

First Comment
    edited December 2011

Desert, I loved the ending. It did make me cry though. I have read negative reviews of it, but I just loved Mockingjay.

• edited December 2011
    I read all the books and someone asked me if they should start and I told them don't bother. I LOVED the first one and then the second one wasn't bad but the third one was so unsatisfying and basically nulled the very reason Katniss got into the whole games. It just gave me more questions. I saw the idea of a movie too and got really nervous it kinda made me feel ike wow would I watch a Hunger Games. I don't know why it seems so odd to make it into a movie. Little kids killing...? Yikes...
    If you were coming in the fall I'd brush the summer by...Emily Dickinson imageimageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • desertsundesertsun member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_anyone-ney-care-hunger-games?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:5946b001-f8ed-4012-bed1-d07226e84364Post:0b4b586c-7faf-4122-981b-d328fa09dba3">Re: Does anyone on NEY care about Hunger Games?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Desert, I loved the ending. It did make me cry though. I have read negative reviews of it, but I just loved Mockingjay.
    Posted by heyimbren[/QUOTE]

Good enough for me. I'm adding them all to my "to read" shelf. :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I didn't feel like I had more questions at the end at all. I felt that the ending made me feel satisfied, but still realistic in ways at the same time.

You ladies need to keep me updated with how far you are along with them ;) I'm dying to have people I can discuss the books with!
  • edited December 2011
    I just finished the last two books of the series last weekend. I am actually not too excited about the idea of a movie, as (IMO) the first book was a lot of Katniss's internal dialogue and strategy, and that just doesn't translate well to film. I'll probably see the movie eventually, but I'm not overly thrilled about it. The books are fabulous though.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards