Nevada-Las Vegas

Holiday week with big checks done!

Reception dinner booked at the wicked spoon, invites out, honeymoon room in Hawaii booked, approved time off work...4 mos away! Next on my to do is getting my dress altered, flights and figuring out the room situation.... We want the Terrance wrap around suite at Cosmo, but can't afford it every night we are there, and also want to stay with the girls the night before, and he wants to be with the guys. it seems like the most complicated part. What worked for you if you switched rooms in the same hotel? It seems like such a hassle.

Re: Holiday week with big checks done!

• germesehgermeseh member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    congrats on the checks!
  • edited December 2011
    We're switching rooms a 3 times during the week we are there.

Our first two nights are in a regular room in MB, then 3 nights in the Vista Suite, then 2 nights at Caesars for our "honeymoon" . I don't think it should be too much of a hassle to switch.
  • edited December 2011
    It shouldn't be TOO bad if you're moving within the same hotel.  I think the most difficult part would be unpacking/repacking (multiple times).  You may be able to ask the hotel if you can stay on the same floor or see if the bellman can take your luggage to your new room. 

We discussed switching hotels, but it seemed like way too much work :)
  • starryeyed77starryeyed77 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats on the checks!  I plan to have have an additional suite as well for night before, day of, and night of, but will still have our original room so moving shouldn't be to bad as I can take what i need and leave what I can get later when we check out. 
  • edited December 2011
    Personally, I don't know about all this moving room to room to room stuff? Why? I am VERY agaist it. Sounds so silly, also leaves plenty of room for error, ie: leaving things!!!

We stayed in same room the night before. Since i had a lot of primping stuff, dress & accessories... He got ready in the room while i was at Spa and then left when i said i was finished... He never saw me befofe.
    We did a "1st Look" in a low traffic area (vip reception)... This IN NO WAY took away from the butterflies at ceremony .... Trust me =)

KIS... Keep it Simple... Over think these elements are pointless... Things do change while in LV and the time just escapes you...

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • direy25direy25 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats on the checks! 

I can't really help you on the switching rooms part - we had a gorgeous suite at Green Valley Ranch and there was no way either of us were going to stay somewhere else, LOL.  Besides, that had already happened for the bachelor/bachelorette parties.  Plus, I loved the idea of waking up next to each other on our wedding day - we then just both went our separate ways as soon as Francesca showed up. 

Switching rooms is definitely a hassle - you have to be up & out by 11 or 12, then generally you can't check in until after 3...
    Married 5.6.11

Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards