Minnesota

Do NOT use Steve Foss Images for photos

stevefossimages.com
Steve was super friendly and nice before our wedding, the day of he was not friendly and was rude. He didnt talk to anyone, ask anyone what their names were. He was not helpful what so ever. In my opion he had no vision for any of the pictures. After waiting the "2-3 weeks" for the the pictures I had to email steve to ask where the photos were (3weeks). There were not done and would be in the mail on monday (this was saturday). On wednesday I received another email that the photos were not mailed on Monday or at all yet. After finally getting the jump drive in the mail and reviewing the pictures (4weeks): there were no photos of: my dress, the cake, programs, outside of the church in the country, outside the reception tent, the lake (lake side outdoor reception), centerpieces, flowers, . Every single picture from the wedding ceremony was blurry, you couldnt see our faces. ALl the pictures were focused on the guests in the pews, not on the wedding party. The first dance was focused on my bridesmaids drinking in the background. Almost all of the photos at the reception were of the wedding party drinking at the bar. They looked like photos a child would take. THere was not one professional photo of my husband and I smiling together with my dress and flowers ect. After emailing Steve about my concerns he replied that he got all the pictures off my short list (family names I sent him before the wedding to make sure he didnt miss ones I wanted). I was unaware that I needed to tell him to take a picture of the cake or my dress or the centerpieces otherwise i would have!  Pictures received still needed to be cropped, edited, photoshopped or even flipped around the correct way! I need to spend hours on them before printing anything.  In my opion There was no thought, vision, style to any of the pictures. Steve never responded to my last emails about all these issues. My perfect dream wedding was ruined because of this  person. He did not offer to fix anything or give any type of refund, just stopped responding to me. I would hate if this happened to any other bride out there! Do NOT use him!

What has anyone done after having this happen to them? Ask for a refund?

Ccmn

Re: Do NOT use Steve Foss Images for photos

• I'm sorry that happened, that really sucks :-( I'm not 100% sure what you can do in this situation. I'd look over your contract and see what that says. Definitely contact the BBB to let them know. I'd probably ask for a refund but I'm not really sure how to go about that. I have a feeling if he's acting like this, you may have to take him to small claims court or something. I feel like I've seen something like this on a court show but that's as far as my knowledge goes on this! Good luck, hope you can at least get something back!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    March 2013 March siggy challenge - wedding preview
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Planning Bio
  • i am so sorry this happened to you! I am an inexpensive freelance photographer and makeup artist. I would like to offer you a session to at least get photos of you and your husband. I would love to do your hair and makeup for free. I always post pictures the same day as I take them (edited) and get a flash drive out within a week. I know this isn't what you had in mind but at least you would have decent pictures of the two of you to frame. Please take a look at my portfolio and let me know if you would like to set something up. Thank you!

facebook.com/LOUISIANAPhotography
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_minnesota_do-not-use-steve-foss-images-for-photos?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:640Discussion:747cf2e7-d018-4716-8d01-f2dc82af1a02Post:7e491e14-63ba-494f-8922-57ce1945004b">Re: Do NOT use Steve Foss Images for photos</a>:
    [QUOTE]i am so sorry this happened to you! I am an inexpensive freelance photographer and makeup artist. I would like to offer you a session to at least get photos of you and your husband. I would love to do your hair and makeup for free. I always post pictures the same day as I take them (edited) and get a flash drive out within a week. I know this isn't what you had in mind but at least you would have decent pictures of the two of you to frame. Please take a look at my portfolio and let me know if you would like to set something up. Thank you! facebook.com/LOUISIANAPhotography
    Posted by louisianaphotography[/QUOTE]

<div>You cannot advertise here! Read the TOS.</div>
  • I have now sent a complaint into BBB. Steve Foss still has not responded to me. We have called him, left messages and numerous emails and no response.
    One photo I had him take of my husband and I with my grandmother I didnt receive. I sent an email asking for that photo because my grandmother is dying and it means so much to me to have that photo. No response.

Here's an example of his work. This is just after we were announced husband and wife. :-(
    Ccmn
  • garter toss photo......... by a professional wedding photographer
    Ccmn
  • Does your town have a Office of Consumer Protection?  If not, file a small claims grievance.  Once the judge rules in your favor you can get your money
  •  I did file a complaint with BBB but they never responded back to me. I never received any type of response from the photographer and its been over 4 1/2 months. I had to spend hours and hours editing all the photos  I did get.. that includes turning the photos the correct way even.
    If any one is thinking of using this photographer PLEASE feel free to message me and I will send you ALL the photos I received from him - EXACLTY how he sent them to me, so you
    can be the judge if you would want him to take pictures of your most important day.

Dont let this photographer ruin your wedding day
    Cry

Ccmn
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards