Arizona-Phoenix
Options

Basha's Wedding Cakes

Has anyone had any experience with Basha's wedding cakes?  We are thinking of getting ours from there, but I can't seem to find any pictures of what they look like when they're done.  I've seen their booklet and the cakes are plain, but they said that they add decorations to match the wedding colors.

Re: Basha's Wedding Cakes

• Options
    blue1981blue1981 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I personally wouldn't use a grocery store for a wedding cake
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Yeah well, I don't have $400 to spend on a cake.  I've got about half that, and Basha's is the only one in that range that I've found.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Have you looked at doing cupcakes? That's usually a pretty affordable option and you don't have to worry about decorating a big, fancy cake. Or you could do a fancy small cake and then serve sheet cake from the kitchen? Good luck!
  • Options
    Here are the review from other users of Bashas!  Hope this helps.  I am all for cutting costs.  Great idea.  I am going to look into them also:)
    http://www.weddingwire.com/reviews/bashas-bakery-flagstaff/648ff74297196d14.html
  • Options
    We are paying for our own wedding and I'm trying hard to remember that my fiance works very hard for his money (as do I) and not go crazy. It's not about how much we spend :-) I was actually thinking of doing something different, such as a dessert table instead of a big cake. We could have a few different flavors of 2-layer cakes plus pies, cookies. I thought it could look really nice using different heights of plates and platters  If your family likes to cook and loves to bring things, you could even get very close family members involved by seeing how they feel about bringing the dessert they make that everyone loves at other gatherings. I think if you did this "potluck" idea right, it could be adorable and not "chintzy" at all. Decades ago almost everyone's wedding was like that! We also thought about letting our kids have their own thing by having a candy table with their favorites. I have over a year to think about it - it may drive me crazy by then but I'll try not to let that happen ;-p

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Haha thanks.  They have some pretty nice looking ones.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards