Wisconsin
Options

Alterations near Madison

I tried to post this before, but it didn't seem to work.I bought my dress in California at a sample sale while visiting my sister. It's gorgeous, and I got it for a steal, but is 4-6 sizes too big. It has corsette back, so they assured me it could be altered. My wedding isn't for a year and change, but I would like to meet with a seamstress/tailor to reassure my worries that it can, in fact, be altered to fit. Any recommendations for the Madison area? I'm definitely willing to travel outside of Madison if they are good!!
Also, anyone else have experiences buying sample sale dresses or "off the rack" and have to get alterations? How did it work out?

Re: Alterations near Madison

• Options
    I got my alteration done at Altered State Alterations. They are located on the north east side of Madison and they did an amazing job! I had ordered my dress and then the wedding date changed and I had the dress for over a year. During that year I gained weight and they did such an amazing job making my dress perfect! I really need to write a review about them. 

I also recommend checking the WI Knottie site linked in my siggy. I know there are a lot of reviews for alterations. 

HTH!
  • Options
    Check out Top Tailoring in Madison at 658 S Gammon Rd Ste 211. They just opened up, but the owner (Lana) of the place has been doing this her whole life. She is originally from Europe, and has an eye for style and quality. She did my dress, and all of my girlfriends went to her too. You won't regret! Good luck. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards