Not Engaged Yet
Options

Quick Question?

Sorry quick question, how do you change your wedding date?

Re: Quick Question?

• Options
    Click on "My Account" at the top right hand corner of the screen.  You can change your info in there. 
  • Options
    Thank You!
  • Options
    Did you get engaged?
  • Options
    No, but he all of a sudden hes started talking about it a whole lot. Hes also pretty much picked a date. I don't know what to think.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_quick-question-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:f8a247e9-f414-4b56-9eef-1b8d9ea29aeePost:20bbe8ed-3d69-4ec2-8f47-4bc327a73069">Re: Quick Question?</a>:
    [QUOTE]No, but he all of a sudden hes started talking about it a whole lot. Hes also pretty much picked a date. I don't know what to think.
    Posted by Saopaulo66[/QUOTE]

I french with my man
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_quick-question-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:f8a247e9-f414-4b56-9eef-1b8d9ea29aeePost:20bbe8ed-3d69-4ec2-8f47-4bc327a73069">Re: Quick Question?</a>:
    [QUOTE]No, but he all of a sudden hes started talking about it a whole lot. Hes also pretty much picked a date. I don't know what to think.

:|

• Options
    We cannot seem to fix you, internet friend. There are soooo many more fun things to focus on--I'm sure of it.
  • Options
    SKP82SKP82 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_quick-question-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:f8a247e9-f414-4b56-9eef-1b8d9ea29aeePost:20bbe8ed-3d69-4ec2-8f47-4bc327a73069">Re: Quick Question?</a>:

Bahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Well, of COURSE the first thing you should do is change your wedding date on TK!!!!!!!!
    IMG_6364
    "Life is not orderly. No matter how we try to make life so, right in the middle of it we die, lose a leg, fall in love, drop a jar of applesauce." - Natalie Goldberg
  • Options
    sigh.. somewhere a kitten has just died...

Anniversary

• Options
    Alright cupcake, let's try this:

1. You are NOT engaged.  Unless your "wedding date" on TK has passed and it's trying to send you off to TN, it does not need to be changed.

2. Try this phrase with BF: "Darling BF, we are not engaged and I refuse to plan a hypothetical event with you.  We have no wedding date until we are engaged."

3. And I say this with as much love as possible, FIND A HOBBY.  A distraction. SOMETHING.  I tell you, there are a MILLION things that you could find in the world to do.  Pick one.  Let it have notadamnthing to do with your hypothetical wedding, because as of right now, you aren't having one.  Pick up sewing, baking, writing, crafting, ANYTHING.
    I french with my man
  • Options
    SKP82SKP82 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_quick-question-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:f8a247e9-f414-4b56-9eef-1b8d9ea29aeePost:07443927-f5f6-4896-b267-dde71f097e27">Re: Quick Question?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Alright cupcake, let's try this: 1. You are NOT engaged.  Unless your "wedding date" on TK has passed and it's trying to send you off to TN, it does not need to be changed. 2. Try this phrase with BF: "Darling BF, we are not engaged and I refuse to plan a hypothetical event with you.  We have no wedding date until we are engaged." 3. And I say this with as much love as possible, FIND A HOBBY.  A distraction. SOMETHING.  I tell you, there are a MILLION things that you could find in the world to do.  Pick one.  Let it have notadamnthing to do with your hypothetical wedding, because as of right now, you aren't having one.  Pick up sewing, baking, writing, crafting, ANYTHING.
    Posted by peekaboo2011[/QUOTE]

It looks like you ARE wearing your nice pants today, afterall! ;)
    IMG_6364
    "Life is not orderly. No matter how we try to make life so, right in the middle of it we die, lose a leg, fall in love, drop a jar of applesauce." - Natalie Goldberg
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_quick-question-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:f8a247e9-f414-4b56-9eef-1b8d9ea29aeePost:e48e15a1-819b-4812-8ba1-edc30964e7c7">Re: Quick Question?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Quick Question? : It looks like you ARE wearing your nice pants today, afterall! ;)
    Posted by SKP82[/QUOTE]

I'm medicated now. :)
    I french with my man
  • Options
    Now, now, girls.... save the gusto for the more BSI (insane) cases, lol.

Perhaps she only wanted to know out of curiosity or boredom, speculating in the meantime.

At any rate, Sao, if you're asking for any reason other than curiosity, just take a deep breath, and don't put your cart before your horses. It's not as uncommon for men to talk about marriage (or even mention it) as most people would have you believe. As a matter of fact, I once had a friend tell me that he thought I would make a wonderful wife. I took the statement as a compliment and was genuinely flattered that he thought so highly of me. And that was that. The end.
    Walkin' in high cotton, old times there are not forgotten.
    e0d5ba63
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

ay kay ay, HULU
  • Options
    Honestly, unless you're planning a wedding for 2+ years from now or are super flexible with your venue, your wedding date isn't even set in stone until your venue is booked.  I booked my venue in October 2011 for a fall 2013 wedding.  I had these three dates to pick from: 9/7/13, 9/28/13, and 11/16/13.  

But you shouldn't be jumping the gun just yet.  Talking about a wedding (the PPD) or the date =/= being engaged and planning a wedding, unless you two have said "yes we are engaged to be married."  It takes away from your relationship as it is now.
  • Options
    I was really asking out of curiosity. I have gotten a whole lot better about it jenjen. I havent mentioned or talked about it. He's the one that has been talking about it.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_quick-question-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:f8a247e9-f414-4b56-9eef-1b8d9ea29aeePost:2f7fcc55-4e7f-45de-bf79-f930f7d95e3d">Re: Quick Question?</a>:
    [QUOTE]I was really asking out of curiosity. I have gotten a whole lot better about it jenjen. I havent mentioned or talked about it. He's the one that has been talking about it.

Sometimes discussing weddings and marriage with the one you love is just a way of expressing your love for each other. That you want to be together forever. This is nice, but you, Sao, gotta be more focused on the learning and loving of the relationship you're in right now. You'll never be 22 again... just sayin'.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_quick-question-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:f8a247e9-f414-4b56-9eef-1b8d9ea29aeePost:d1fd13ef-b0b9-4ac3-b2b9-2a6033a31073">Re: Quick Question?</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Quick Question? : Sometimes discussing weddings and marriage with the one you love is just a way of expressing your love for each other. That you want to be together forever. This is nice, but you, Sao, gotta be more focused on the learning and loving of the relationship you're in right now. You'll never be 22 again... just sayin'.
    Posted by jenjenniferf[/QUOTE]

<div>All. Of. This. </div>

• Options
    HULU...where is that slow roll picture you used to post? We need that around here more often!
    "Stuart was scared, but he loved Margalo, Mommy. And there is nothing bigger than love." -The Bean
     "His farts smell like Satan's asshole mixed with a skunk's vagina. But it's okay, because I love him." -CSousa

• Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_quick-question-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:f8a247e9-f414-4b56-9eef-1b8d9ea29aeePost:b637cb7a-c7d6-4fd2-86f3-99c99e1113ef">Re: Quick Question?</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>Honestly, unless you're planning a wedding for 2+ years from now or are super flexible with your venue, your wedding date isn't even set in stone until your venue is booked</strong>.  I booked my venue in October 2011 for a fall 2013 wedding.  I had these three dates to pick from: 9/7/13, 9/28/13, and 11/16/13.   But you shouldn't be jumping the gun just yet.  Talking about a wedding (the PPD) or the date =/= being engaged and planning a wedding, unless you two have said "yes we are engaged to be married."  It takes away from your relationship as it is now.
    Posted by K Everdeen12[/QUOTE]

<div>Yes.</div><div>
    </div><div>I never understand when people tell me they've set a date and yet they haven't actually booked a place.  </div>
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_quick-question-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:f8a247e9-f414-4b56-9eef-1b8d9ea29aeePost:c3face64-80a0-4a97-8ae8-e54010506b4d">Re: Quick Question?</a>:
    [QUOTE]HULU...where is that slow roll picture you used to post? We need that around here more often!
    Posted by beanbot2002[/QUOTE]

<div>I still have it, but for whatever reason, I have NOT been able to post pictures on TK. The window doesn't even pop up. :\ It shows up down on the taskbar as a seperate window, but nothing. :\</div>
    Walkin' in high cotton, old times there are not forgotten.
    e0d5ba63
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

ay kay ay, HULU
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards