Missouri-Kansas City

Jack Stack Freight House

Hi everyone!!

Today my FI and I went to look at the Freight House Jack Stack location for a possible welcome lunch location.  I think the indoor space looks great and its just what we want... however, my concern is with the amount of people we have it is possible we'll need to use both the indoor and outdoor spaces.  My only problem with this is the fact what while we were standing in the outdoor space we could hear a train idling the entire time and it was very loud.

Has anyone been to an event in the private dining area of this restaurant and could give me some feedback?  Could you hear the train?  Any other problems come up?

Re: Jack Stack Freight House

• edited December 2011
    I have coordinated a rehearsal dinner and another event there, both on the patio and didn't find it to be an issue.  The ambience, food and service far surpass any minor distraction you might experience.
    Do make sure that your welcome lunch is not scheduled during an art fair/any other activities so that traffic and parking are not an issue.  
    Best wishes to you! 

Julie Blanner
    Coordinately Yours
  • QueenofQuirkyQueenofQuirky member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have been to private events at the neighboring Lidia's (yum, Lidia's!!!) and have never heard a train.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards