Christian Weddings
Options

It's been an interesting week around here

Last Wednesday I should have started my period.  It didn't show up.  By Saturday I was a wreck.  I told H and he made me test immediately.  Negative.

Monday I tested again - still negative.

Yet another test today, when my period is one week late - still negative.

Even with 3 negative tests, I am in a panic.  I probably won't rest until I get my period again, whenever that happens.  We absolutely do not want children.  I can't even imagine how I would pretend to be happy about a pregnancy or what we would do, to be honest.  The most ironic part is that if I am pregnant, I would have conceived one week after H's vasectomy.

On the flip side, this scare has totally cemented for me that I do not in any way, shape or form want to be a mom.

Re: It's been an interesting week around here

• Options
    Are you under a lot of stress?  That can make you miss a period.
    "Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person's ultimate good as far as it can be obtained"-C.S. Lewis

Married! May 27th, 2012

• Options
    I'm always under a lot of stress!  :-P

My periods have been getting lighter and lighter for a while now, so I'm almost wondering if it hasn't just disappeared. For the past few months it's just been a day or so long and super light for that time.  I think I'm going to call the dr because even if I'm not pregnant I'm concerned *something* might be going on.
  • Options
    UGH, I hate this feeling! 

For the most part, you're probably okay and I'm  sure you know that (even though it is terrifying!!).

The best thing you can do now is try to relax and make an appt wtih the DR to see what's going with the increasingly lighter periods. 

Like Raven said, stress can make your period come at wacky times. Now that they're really worried about this it probably will be even later than it would've been!

Regardless, sending hugs your way!

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
    Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Options
    I agree with Faith, I would make an appointment with your Dr so your mind can be at peace.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options

I'm the opposite, stress usually brings it on earlier and heavier :-P

Regardless, you should definitely go to the doctor to see why they've become so light and now are getting fewer and farther between. Keep us updated on how you're doing *hugs*.

• Options
    Have you been/are you on HBC, or did you go off after your H's surgery?   If you went off, it could have thrown your body for a loop while your own hormones figure out what to do.  Or, if you haven't been on anything, stress could delay ovulation, which is what delays your period.

Hope you figure out what's going on soon!
  • Options
    I don't know what to say - I know there's nothing I can say that could possibly make you feel better.  I'll be praying.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    Yeah, it's usually pretty quick to get a real pregnancy test.  I had to do one before my surgery, and you get quick results.  It sounds like you couldn't be pregnant, but I hope things work out. :-)
  • Options
    Sounds like you're doing all the right things and Emily brings up a good point. Did you go off your HBC? Praying for you!
    Pregnancy Ticker
    2010: 41 books, 2011: 31 books, 2012: 100 books
  • Options
    I'd go in and get a pregnancy test at the Dr just to be sure. I'd be panicking too. We aren't looking to have kids for many years and I don't know how I'd handle a surprise either. 

I hope you find out soon and your mind can be at ease!
    PostCeremony-131.1
  • Options
    You might be dealing with PCOS.  I unfortunately had the rare puberty-onset form, so I stopped having periods when I was 15.  Most women have the onset in their 20s or 30s.  A trip to the doctor will put your mind at ease either way.
    image imageimage image

My Blog

Anniversary

100/100 books read in 2012
    17/100 books read in 2013
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards