California-Bay Area

$300 Maggie Sottero Mermaid Sandrina size 6

Description: One-piece, strapless, fit and flared gown with corset back. Gown is created from Capri taffeta with lace ornamenting the bodice neckline and accenting the side waist and lower hip. Dress has 3 layers made of polyester (outside layer is tafetta).  Gown features a dramatic chapel length train. Needs to be dry cleaned.   Worn once for my March 2008 wedding for 10 hours. Non-smoking household.  

Please try on a similar style dress at your local bridal shop to see if that style suits you and if you can move around it.  When trying on a similar dress, bring shapewear with you so you can easily slip in & out of the dress without tearing.  

Price: $300 or best offer
Normally retails between $700-$800.

Color: Ivory/Champagne 

Size: 6
I am a street size 4, 120 lbs. & 5'4.5" I wore 2 inch heels, the dress is a size 6. Remember wedding dresses tend to run smaller than your actual size 

Measurements of dress: Bust 34.5 Waist 26.5 Hips 37

Stains/repair: There are very slight stains on the bottom hem part of dress, but you can easily get this drycleaned and hemmed away.  

Alterations: Got it hemmed at the bottom. Had sew-in bra cups and had the top/front of dress (where cleavage would be) taken in so it falls flat on my chest. 3 french bustles. I am also including my matching headpiece, if you want.   

Selling AS IS condition.

Please email me if you have any questions:

yamargo at yahoo dot com

Re: $300 Maggie Sottero Mermaid Sandrina size 6

• edited December 2011
    Hello, This must be my lucky day....I purchased that same dress about 2 months ago and my wedding is coming up on October 10th. I'm having second thoughts about the dress...how did it feel? Where you able to sit in it? Please any advice would be appreciated...I'm hoping I picked the right dress!!! My email..emilia.espinal@mymail.roosevelt.edu
  • edited December 2011
    Hi Emilia,The dress itself is flattering to the figure, but because of that you just need to be careful about sitting.  Shapewear is highly recommended. So whatever area needs a little help, buy the appropiate shapewear. With shapewear, you can easily slip the dress on & off & helps you sit down since it helps slide you.  Just be a little careful sitting down so as not to tear the dress if it is snug around the butt and/or hips.  Do you have the dress already? If not, you can go to a bridal shop & bring your shapewear with you, try on sample similar mermaid style & try sitting down in it to see how that feels.    My ceremony did not have any kneeling so if any of your wedding rites have that, you should definitely try a sample mermaid style dress with the shapewear & see how it feels if you kneel.  If it feels like the dress might tear any moment, then I would see if it can be possibly altered or get another dress.If you have further questions, just let me know. -Doris
  • stephanie229stephanie229 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    HI!I was wondering if this is still for sale and if it would work for a beach wedding.  Can you email me at redrosewedding2294 at yahoo com please?
  • debbiestubbendebbiestubben member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi, Please send pics of the front and the back of the dress when being worn (not be a model). Thanks, Debbie
  • coriashtoncoriashton member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Is this still available??
    I will buy it immediatley!! I love this dress and I've been looking everywhere for it!

Thank you!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards