Wisconsin
Options

Having trouble deciding...

Okay, so here is my dilemma. I'm getting married 01-04-14, we could have the wedding up north where we dont have to pay for the church or the reception area but it is 5 hours away and being january it could be a possible snow storm and all of my family and friends would have to travel and find hotels or We could have it colser to where we live and more guests from both sides would be able to make it but then we are spending the money for the church and reception hall.  I just don't want to make anyone mad but i want alot of friends and family to come to share our day!!

Re: Having trouble deciding...

• Options
    Do what YOU really want! it is YOUR day
  • Options
    itzMSitzMS member
    First Answer First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited November 2012

OP, you are in the right place for being considerate of your guests.

I'm normally not a fan of weddings nowhere near an airport or city. I'm not sure what "up north" means to you, but generally if there's an airport or city (Rhinelander, Wausau, etc) anywhere nearby, the roads are kept up enough where guests could make the trek.

Now, if in the middle of winter, you're wanting to use the country church down the gravel road in the unicorporated town where you used to live, I'd probably suggest you reconsider.

• Options
    Unless it was the closest of friends or relatives, having to drive 5 hours (10 round trip) and spend $ on a night at a hotel would turn me away from going and I would say sorry.  If it snows, then you're really out of luck.  It's hard enough to drive 10 miles in a blizzard.  I think the better idea is to keep driving short for guests.
  • Options
    I think that if the only reason you're going up north is to avoid paying for a ceremony, its not worth it.  Just my opnion.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards