March 2013 Weddings
Options

Hey Ladies!

SO long story short, my FI and I were supposed to be getting married  sept 15, 2012, but in late April of this year, I got a phone call (four and a half months before the wedding,) telling me that our reception venue had been sold (worst nightmare), and we had to find a new hall. Guess what, that's pretty much impossible... anywho so we cried, we laughed, we got over it, and pushed the date back 6 months to March 16th, 2013....
 So as you can imagine, despite the fact that our wedding was 99% planned by april, I'm on round two of planning our wedding, and I'm starting to realize I have no idea what to even begin to expect as far as weather and everything else goes. I'm from North Eastern Ohio, so there is no way to predict it... can anyone tell me, how they are planning thier wedding to anticipate the crazy march weather? I'm not sure if I should look for in door photo places, and plan for warmer clothing.. I don't even know what flowers to expect in that month... It's hard enough to plan a wedding once, and now planning it again is driving me crazy lol, so any march wedding advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Re: Hey Ladies!

• Options
    Oh no! That really sucks to have to replan your wedding when it was already mostly planned! I live in MN so the weather here is probably pretty similar. On March 23 two years ago there was snow, and this year it was perfect! I've heard we're supposed to get a bad winter this time around but I'm crossing my fingers it will be nice.

You can do photos outside even if it's cold, but make sure people have jackets and/or a warm car for in between photos. And definitely don't spend too much time outside! If there are some cool indoor areas to get photos, that's a good option too. Maybe your photographer has some ideas!

Welcome to the board btw! :-)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    March 2013 March siggy challenge - wedding preview
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Planning Bio
  • Options
    Oh no, thats such a bummer! I agree with Jenni, I'm in Mn too so who knows what the weather will be like! If you talk to a florist they can help you figure out what flowers will work =)
    siggyaugust Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

I'm trying not to worry about the weather at this point. I live in Boston and it is completely unpredictable from week to week so I'm just letting go and saying it is beyond my control. Unfortunately most of the guest will be traveling to get here so you never know what might happen. 

We are planning everything indoors. However if there is pretty snow I"m hoping for some nice pictures outside. I have yet to actually find the right coat for that sort of thing tho. 

For flowers we are doing gerbera daisies that are available all year long and are pretty cheap. Good luck with your planning!
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    Thanks so much for all the advice! This past year is was is like 77 degrees on march 16th, so here is to hoping we all have as mild of a winter!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards