Connecticut

Anthonys Ocean View New Haven..

I was able to look at Anthonys recently and fell in love. Is anyone planning their wedding there or been to it? Thanks!

Re: Anthonys Ocean View New Haven..

• DiLynn83DiLynn83 member
    First Comment
    edited April 2012
    I've been to a few weddings there, and generally I like it.  The food was amazing.  The only thing I REALLY didn't like was the setup of the beach wedding.  There weren't enough chairs set up, you couldn't hear the ceremony, and literally the SECOND the ceremony was over, workers scampered over to break down the site and bring it about 20 feet further down the beach to a 2nd wedding.
  • The place is beautiful and great food.. the only reason I chose not to go there was the price...above my price limit per head!  I definitely enjoy going there tho :)
  • Thank you everyone, your feedback was really helpful!
  • We just booked there this weekend! They offer half pricing for a Thursday and although it might not be everyone's ideal choice, it works for us. Our out of state guests are still driving distance and we did check with them before we went ahead and booked. My fiance's parents were with us this weekend and we went and showed them the venue and they fell in love too so we booked it right then and there. I have heard nothing but positive reviews about the place. I have heard from several family members that the food is amazing and the menu is outrageous. They pass appetizers around all night. Your guests can also use the private beach as well as their fire pit with nice chairs and couches for a more relaxed feel. The workers have been so helpful to us, the half price is unbeatable for the menu, and I am very happy with our choice.
  • I'm getting married in Sept 2012 at Anthonys. Beach ceremony on a Friday afternoon :) super excited.
  • We're getting married there on Friday night, 6/21/13. I couldn't live with the chance it could rain and I didn't like the inside wedding option which was in the same room as the cocktail hour and reception.

To get around this, we're getting married at the Center Church on the Green (pretty close by and open to non-practicing religious folks..) This way I don't have to worry about the weather, or the set-up breakdown issues.

We also looked at the Cascades (Hamden) and The Lake of Isles (Stonington). The Lake of Isles would have been my first choice, but it was just too far away from most of the family traveling from NJ.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards