Pennsylvania-Philadelphia
Options

What would you do?

Hi all! I posted this more specifically on the DE board because they have experience with this particular vendor, but I also want an opinion in general.

So heres the deal:
We were suppose to meet a potential photographer tonight, but she didnt show up. I was really looking forward to her too! Well she has already emailed me and apologized profusely and offered us a 15% discount for her services. I think I still want to meet her but am now worried. She says this has never happened before.

So here is the question what would you do? Would you still meet with her? Or would you just move on to the next one?
Thanks for your opinion!
Wedding Countdown Ticker
image 139 Invited so far!
image 79 Are ready to party!
image 60 Will be missing out!

Re: What would you do?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    What was her reason for not showing up?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Depends on her reason. I would say hear her out first and make sure you talk to other people who have used her.

Philly Sig Challenge

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    For Sale

magicalkingdoms.com Ticker
  • Options
    angel33284angel33284 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Just because she missed a meeting doesn't mean she'll miss your wedding. You have to keep in mind that wedding photographers lead double lives. They are 100% dedicated to their weddings on the weekend, but during the week they have families and everyday problems to tend to. Whatever the reason you shouldn't let it affect your decision, especially if it is somebody who is well known on here with a great reputation.

And to avoid tarnishing that reputation it's probably best if your don't share the name of this photographer, even in PM's.
  • Options
    klibertikliberti member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ask for references! What's her reasoning!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    If it was a no name photographer I may be hesitant, but if it's someone who comes highly regarded/recommended, I would let it slide.  
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ditto ooodsie.  If you want to check some references, without even contacting the photographer, check the blog to see if someone on thois board has used her and send them an e-mail or PM to look into things.  However, if they're not someone you got a personal recommendation for - here or elsewhere - I might move on.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards