Christian Weddings
Options

Feeling Inspired

I went to my first's women's conference this weekend with church and it was amazing! I feel so inspired in so many ways! I just wanted to express how I feel because it was such a wonderful experience. 

Have any of you been to women's conferences? How were they? 

Re: Feeling Inspired

• Options
    I haven't been to conferences since high school youth conferences probably 10 years ago- which I remember to be uplifting and inspiring!  Great to meet new people and hear new ideas and have stimulating conversations.

Most of the women's events through my church are for old ladies and I know it wouldn't be my cup of tea.  I'm considering branching out to some other denominations/non-denominational things to see what's out there.
  • Options
    I went to the Women of Faith conferences with my mom almost every year in middle and high school, and when I volunteered at a Christian radio station all through college, I was able to work at the Extraordinary Women conference when it was in Roanoke/Lynchburg.  

I would LOVE to get to a Beth Moore or Priscilla Shirer conference.  I love their Bible studies.
  • Options
    In Response to Re: Feeling Inspired:
    [QUOTE]I haven't been to conferences since high school youth conferences probably 10 years ago- which I remember to be uplifting and inspiring!  Great to meet new people and hear new ideas and have stimulating conversations. Most of the women's events through my church are for old ladies and I know it wouldn't be my cup of tea.  I'm considering branching out to some other denominations/non-denominational things to see what's out there.
    Posted by naomikb[/QUOTE]

this is the same for me. So glad to hear you had such a wonderful time!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I've been to WOF! I love going. :)
    Pregnancy Ticker
    2010: 41 books, 2011: 31 books, 2012: 100 books
  • Options
    I actually just attended a women's weekend retreat a few weeks ago. It was a very different experience for me. Normally when I attend something like this, I feel inspired and refreshed when I get home. That wasn't the case this time. I knew I was supposed to be there because God told me to go and provided the money, even though I didn't really want to. I was actually  kind of moody the entire weekend, but trying to fight it. But while I was there I was able to help lead a fellow church member to Christ because her story was so similar to my own - God obviously wanted me there for a reason. ;)

But God still had another lesson for me to learn from the weekend. The day after I got home I came under intense spiritual warfare. I was able to use the messages from the conference and the support of my church ladies to help me combat Satan. It was an emotionally instense few days, but God was so very much at work the whole time.
  • Options
    The first one since I became a regular member at our church is this June, looking forward to it :)
  • Options
    Awesome, girls! 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards