July 2013 Weddings

Bridesmaid Question

I picked my wedding party way back when we got engaged. I have 3 adults and 2 children in the wedding party. As time has gone on I (along with 2 of the other bridesmaids) have become really good firends with another girl. I have been back and forth on asking her to be in the wedding. I have talked to my fiance and he is fine with me asking her (her brother is acutally the best man). I just don't know how to ask her because I don't want her to feel like she is just a add on. Any advice?

Re: Bridesmaid Question

• I would just tell her how you feel and that since you've met she has become a big part of your life and you would love for her to stand with you on your big day. If she feels like an add on she will say no, and if not she will be happy and excited and say yes! Hope this helps
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2013-weddings_bridesmaid-question?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:a322ad2c-25cd-4d52-b123-096e1e4ecda5Discussion:87a3b34e-6354-4abd-a3ac-cb625b0d5ff9Post:8bcf0354-d9cb-40b2-99a2-37a65c974a70">Re: Bridesmaid Question</a>:
    [QUOTE]I would just tell her how you feel and that since you've met she has become a big part of your life and you would love for her to stand with you on your big day. If she feels like an add on she will say no, and if not she will be happy and excited and say yes! Hope this helps
    Posted by NateandJustine[/QUOTE]

<div>Ditto all of this. </div><div>
    </div><div>I am so glad it was this and not "I hate this beeotch now and she can't be in wedding. How do I dump her?!" lol </div>
  • I just dealt with something similar.

Just be honest, I'm sure she'll be flattered.
  • Thanks! I think I'm going to talk to her this weekend! I don't want any regrets for my wedding!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards