Canada

Wednesday Wedding Poll

Time to get this board moving, shall we?

How many people do/did you have in your bridal party, and what are their relationships to you?
Baby Birthday Ticker
Baby #2: Surprise BFP 9.19.12, EDD 5.24.13, natural m/c 10.19.13 at 9w

Re: Wednesday Wedding Poll

• ring_popring_pop member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Well I guess I'll start lol...

We had 6 all together - 2 on my side, 2 on his side, and 2 flower girls.

My MOH was my best friend from undergrad. She introduced DH and me (we were both in her BP).

My BM was a good friend from our church choir, of which DH and I are both members. She was also friends with both of us before we met each other.

DH's BM was his best friend from undergrad.

His GM was a good friend from high school who happened to be the husband of my MOH, and also my very good friend from undergrad.

Our FGs were the daughters of DH's cousins.
    Baby Birthday Ticker
    Baby #2: Surprise BFP 9.19.12, EDD 5.24.13, natural m/c 10.19.13 at 9w
  • LittlinLittlin member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We had 8 altogether - 4 bridesmaids and 4 groomsmen.

3 of the bridesmaids were my university roommates (with one being my MOH), and the fourth was DH's younger sister.  

2 of the groomsmen were DH's roommates (all of us knew each other at school too), my brother was another, and his younger brother was his BM.
  • edited December 2011
    we're having 4 total. one maid of honor, a bridesmaid, a best man and groomsman. 

my MOH is my cousin. I grew up with her and she's more like a sister, she's also my roomate, and my best friend. 

My bridesmaid is a really close friend of mine, and she's awesome. 

the best man was FI's roomate in college, and like a brother to him

His groomsman was also a friend from college.

Our wedding is a very small old fashioned 1800's church wedding and thats really all there is room for up front LOL. :) 
    Our Happily Ever After wedding ticker Anniversary
  • kaitlyn20kaitlyn20 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    im having 1 or 2 on my side ...my MOH is my going to be my sister  and my BM is prolly going to be my cousin.. My fiance is going to have his Best man who he went to high school with and then hes going to have 3 groomsmen..all of which he went to school with...
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • suzie173suzie173 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi All!
    We had 14 in our party, the groom's sister and 2 brothers, nephew, friend from high school and friend from work. We had thr bride's friend since elementary, roomie, friend from uni and goddaughter, and friend from work, and friend from nursing school, and godson. Seems like a lot, but when you wait 'til 40 to marry, you have amassed a lot of important people who have helped you along the way. I wouldn't have changed a thing about the large WP. They were all gorgeous!
    Suzie and Tom: Livin' the Dream!
  • raynesraynes member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We had 3 on each side
    My MOH was my step sister, and my BM's were my SIL and my best friend from university.
    My H's BM was his best friend and his GM were my BIL and my brother.
    We'll just not tell H about this little fact, m'kay?
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I'm a little late to this one, but here's my answer anyway.

We'll have three on each side.
    My MOH is my sister-in-law, and my BMs are my best friend, and my cousin. His BM is his best friend, and his other two GM are another good friend from school, and my brother.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • miellenmiellen member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We had 8 in total.
    My bridesmaids are my closest friends and happen to all be from high school.
    The groomsmen included my husband's friends, cousin and brother.

I'm going to 2 weddings in the next year with 18 total in the wedding party!!!!
    Surprised
  • edited December 2011
    We have 10 bm/gm and 4 rb/fg...

My MOH is my absolute best friend since grade 10.

BM's are my sister, one of my other grade 10 best friends, an old roommate (we lived together for 3 years and became lifelong friends!), and someone who I've always kinda known but became awesome friends with in the last 5ish years, and is now dating my FI's best friend! (also his BM!)

FI's side is pretty much the same story, his BM is his best friend, his others are friends he's always had, and his brother.

2 FG's and one RB are my cousins, and one RB is a couple's who we're both close with son
  • edited December 2011
    Oh and 2 ushers, my bro and one of FI's good friends.
  • edited December 2011
    We're having a tiny wedding so our bridal party is:

MOH - my best friend
    Best Man - his best friend.

:-)
  • smsimpsonsmsimpson member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_canada_wednesday-wedding-poll?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:46Discussion:a7d55fb1-36de-495d-8cbd-d220829f6de5Post:72fa39fb-9c90-4add-885c-f86fbcac8773">Re: Wednesday Wedding Poll</a>:
    [QUOTE]We're having a tiny wedding so our bridal party is: MOH - my best friend Best Man - his best friend. :-)
    Posted by MichelleS1717[/QUOTE]

This for me too.
  • kristalmscottkristalmscott member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Same for me! And what makes it extra special, my MOH and his BM were married 4 years ago, which is where we met, so it was kind of a given that they would HAVE to be in our wedding!

June 2011 Siggy Challenge: Everything but the Dress!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    56 image 39 image 4 image 11 image
  • lalap69lalap69 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    21...Yeah, it's big, I know, but that's because we have a lot of close family.

My sister is my MOH, I'm having my brother and BIL as bridesmen, and then my BMs are my cousin and 4 of my closest friends.  For FI, he's having his brother as his BM, his two SILs as groomswomen, and then as GMs he's having his brother and 3 of his closest friends.

And then we're having his 2 nephews as RBs and our 4 nieces as FGs.
    Planning Our Wedding - Updated 04/11/11
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    "If you can't think of something nice to say, don't say something nice" - Stephen Colbert
  • PaigeMcCPaigeMcC member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We have 10.  My MOH is my BFF.  My sister, and other 2 BFFs are my BM's.  His BM is one of his besties.  His other bestie, and two close childhood friends are his GM's. 
    My cousin's daughter is our FG and his cousin's son is our RB.

"Popular on the internetz..."

Canada is kind of like a whole other world with new things to discover that us americans only dream of. - Narwhal
    Paige I would like to profess my love for you and your brilliant mind. - breezerb
    Murried Bio
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards