Hawaii
Options

Oahu Ceremony Ideas

Hi All, 
   My Fiance and I have just decided to get married on Oahu, and I'm looking for some suggestions on ceremony ideas.  We're looking low key, so we're pretty okay with a resort package and not putting a lot of input into this from our end.  We've looked into Turtle Bay and the Moana Surfrider (Westin).  I've also heard though that the Surfrider averages 3-4 weddings per day.  Any suggestions or advice on either location??  We're flying in, so won't be down there most likely until the week of the wedding.  Thanks

Re: Oahu Ceremony Ideas

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Welcome to the board! I can't help with Oahu, but it's always great to see new faces on here!
  • Options
    TripleAubsTripleAubs member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    welcome to the board!

When is your wedding? I know the summer months are particularly busy for all hotels, especially the Moana, but you shouldn't let that deter you from having your wedding there!

Other Oahu brides have used Lanikuhonua, Ke Iki Bungalows, and Da Pink House as low-key wedding sites (just off the top of my head). You might want to check those out! We had originally thought about having our wedding at the Moana but felt it was too expensive for us. We went with a small chapel for the ceremony in town with a reception in a friend's oceanfront backyard.

a+k

Photobucket

• Options
    WinstonsGirlWinstonsGirl member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    Thanks, I'll look into those.  We've (finally) decided on March 26 2012, so not summer, but the end of tourist season.  Spring break for me, so I can get the time off work.  We've been looking at hotels so far so we can just use a wedding package that they already have made up and keep it easy for planning.  

Kendra

• Options
    TripleAubsTripleAubs member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sounds good- since it's the "off" season you should have an easier time booking your vendors. Good luck!

a+k

Photobucket

• Options
    edited December 2011
    There's also the Bayer Estate in Hawaii Kai.  I went to a company function there and it is very nice, on the water.  The max capacity is probably 80-100 but I'm not sure.  If you look at Eugene Kam's website, find "Jasmine and Michael"'s wedding and it was there, just to give you an idea.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards