Colorado

Need Help Narrowing Down A Date

We want to do a fall themed wedding in Dillon, Colorado at our house when we finish building. At the moment we're thinking end of August. However I was getting to thinking that the leaves won't start turning until at least September/October. Would it be weird to still have an Autumn themed wedding at the end of August?
September 2011 August Siggy Challenge
Honeymoon Location- Excellence Playa Mujeres

Re: Need Help Narrowing Down A Date

• edited December 2011
    I don't think so.  The end of August is kind of when people are in "back to school" mode, anyway.  You could maybe do more of a late summer theme, with sunflowers, instead of a full-blown fall theme maybe.
  • edited December 2011
    No! That sounds great to me!  I have another friend who is looking at the end of August for a fall themed wedding (she is a teacher) so waiting until the school year gets going is tough.  The evergreens don't change at all so it will depend on your location.  If it gets cold early, you may have some changing leafs or no leafs if you waited till later.  Plus, you are celebrating the completion of your home.  That sounds perfect!  Good luck to you, and let me know if you are looking for a photographer!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards