Canada-Ontario
Options

Vendor Review and Recommendation - Rings!!!

I just wanted to take a moment to put a vendor review up for where FI got my engagement ring and matching wedding bands (all custom). We live down in Windsor, but the vendor is in Barrie, ON and surrounding area.

FI knew my personality well enough to know that a traditional diamond ring is not me, so he decided to have something custom made with a black diamond and rubies. The jewellers around here all gave him a hard time for being untraditional, telling him they couldn't do the different stones, and that it wasn't what I would want (what do they know about what I would want, they don't know me...)

He then called up to a jeweller in the Barrie area (where my family is from, I had talked about this jeweller before, I know this isn't a TO vendor, but its SO close to all of you that you could DEF easily use them!!!!). Not only did they custom make the rings for him at a great price.... they knew he was trying to get the ring in before a certain time period (we had a vacation planned and he wanted to bring it) so the gentleman even offered to drive to meet him halfway between our location and theirs free of charge to ensure he got the ring in time!!!!

So anyone shopping for jewellery, check out PD Murphy Jewellers, nothing but the best to say about them! We will be using them again for sure!!!!

http://www.pdmurphyjewellers.com/

Re: Vendor Review and Recommendation - Rings!!!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Awesome!  They sound great and well worth the drive.

And your ring sounds wonderful to me.  I have a hatred of diamonds in general and so my FI got me a star sapphire (my favourite!) with two tiny diamonds flanking as a compromise (he felt weird about a diamond-less engagement ring LOL).  It looks beautiful and it makes me happy.  Those other stores were rude to presume your FI didn't know you (WTH happened to the customer is always right?).

• Options
    Jewel224Jewel224 member
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree - I'm not into the traditional engagement ring either.  My FI did something similar as lideadeadstar's FI - he got me an oval cut tanzanite (looks like a cross between an amethyst and a sapphire) with little diamonds flanking it. 

Bmcleod - your ring looks fabulous!
  • Options
    BMcLeodTeamBMcLeodTeam member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    They were great, been in contact with them recently about family rings, as we would like to do these for each mother. I know I could get them down here anywhere, but after the great experience already there, we would rather give them our business :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards