Flowers

Bouquets...or no bouquets

I love the ideas of having flower bouquets....not only are they beautiful but it's traditional.  Every wedding you go to the bride/bridesmaids have a bouquet.  But would it be so wrong to opt out of this?  If I'm trying to save some money, I see flowers as a great way to cut some costs.  I would still want floral accents throughout the wedding (centerpieces/ceremony decorations, etc) but the more I think about it the more I like the idea of not having bouquets.  The centerpieces are going to be manzanita branches with moss and a few single flower buds attached to the stems...so I'm going for a more rustic/vintage elegant theme.  My wedding isn't going to have much of a "traditional" feel to it, at least that's not what I'm aiming for....opinions??

Re: Bouquets...or no bouquets

• cmp1986cmp1986 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I think, if you don't care about them that much then get rid of them. You and your girls could do one single flower. Or you could make paper flowers. You could also use fake flowers or make a jewel bouquet (my cousin did this for her wedding and it came out great!). Good luck!
  • L&J2012L&J2012 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've heard of people putting feathers in their bouquet. That would cut down on the amount of flowers in them and still provide volume. That and greenery. For the bridesmaids a single flowers would look nice (I'm in a wedding next weekend and I believe I am carrying a single orange calla lily). You can get fake or preserved flowers that are much cheaper as well!

If you think you can do without bouquets, then don't do them.
    Photobucket Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    I'm just having a Glamelia bouquet for myself. The MOH doesn't want to carry flowers and I'm fine with that because it saves me money. If its not super important to you then I would just not bother doing it.
    Photobucket
  • gmcurtisgmcurtis member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I also want to save money on flowers, so I am making my own. It is super easy and if you don't care about type of flowers, colours, etc, like me who just cares that they look pretty, it's excellent. I did a practice bouquet last night with flowers FROM Costco ($15.99) and it turned out great! 

• edited December 2011
    I also am in the same boat as you, we're doing an outdoor wedding and I wasn't sure I wanted all the girls to have flowers. I found someone on Etsy that makes little clutch purses and can match the fabric of the purse to whatever you're wearing so my BMs are going to be holding those instead of flowers. I figure the purses are really cute, and unlike flowers, can be used again and again. They were a lot cheaper than flowers too! :)

• aaschoeffleraaschoeffler member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What about parasols? They would go with the "vintage" theme, though they would only work if it was an outdoor ceremony.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards