Retro and Vintage Weddings

Swing Song Suggestions?

My FI and I are going to take our first dance lessons today. We're hoping to do a swing dance. Any ideas for a good swing dance song? I was thinking "All Shook Up" by Elvis, or "Shake Rattle and Roll" by Bill Haley and the Comets. Woulld love other ideas though!

Re: Swing Song Suggestions?

• I think those are some good ones...Billy Haley is what came to mind for me.
  • Anything by Brian Setzer, the Squirrel Nut Zippers, Cherry Poppin Daddies, Glenn Miller Orchestra. 
    Photobucket
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-theme-boards_retro-vintage-weddings_swing-song-suggestions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Theme BoardsForum:667Discussion:dc9a2f85-0858-483b-87af-ebe5f418704aPost:5187a146-2090-4d25-b078-3d607baaea8d">Re: Swing Song Suggestions?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Anything by Brian Setzer, the Squirrel Nut Zippers, Cherry Poppin Daddies, Glenn Miller Orchestra. 
    Posted by graysquirrel[/QUOTE]

Add to that the Count Basie Orchestra. How about "It Don't Mean a Thing if it Ain't Got that Swing" by Duke Ellington?  TONS of ppl have remade it, if you're looking for an updated version.  It <u>is</u> swing music.
  • There are a couple different styles of swing: classic, east coast, west coast, and lindy hop to name a few. Ask your dance instructor to show you the different styles to see which one you and FI like best. They have very different looks and feels to them.

FI and I are preparing a lindy hop to do towards the end of the evening. I'm going to have to switch to a different dress because we've got flips and tricks in it and I'll need to be able to move without getting entangled in lace and crinolin =)

Good luck with your lessons and have fun!!!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Thanks everyone! We are doing the East Coast swing. We decided on "all shook up." 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards