Rhode Island

Dancing lessons

Does anyone know of any good ball room dancing choreographers in the rhode island area? Not looking to spend too much, just want to get the first dance with the fiance choreographed so we don't look like idiots haha....

Feel free to post here or send me an email shogan14@gmail.com
PitaPata Dog tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Dancing lessons

• AmyRIAmyRI member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We took lessons with Rachael at The Dancin' Feelin' in Warwick. She was great! She was wiling to choreograph the whole dance, but we just had her teach us the Foxtrot and help us with a beginning and ending.

They have a great special there - for $95 per couple, you get 3 half-hour private lessons, 2 group lessons, and 1 party. We ended up buying one more private lesson ($50), but even then it was MUCH cheaper than the other places I found.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • shogan14shogan14 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    thanks for the info!

how long before wedding day do they reccomend taking lessons?
    PitaPata Dog tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • AmyRIAmyRI member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_rhode-island_dancing-lessons?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:122Discussion:6772e3b9-7e57-462e-9a99-f9218d22c3faPost:cd61df06-3279-45f6-a240-4db946d604cc">Re: Dancing lessons</a>:
    [QUOTE]thanks for the info! how long before wedding day do they reccomend taking lessons?
    Posted by shogan14@gmail.com[/QUOTE]

I'm not totally sure what they recommend, I'm sure you could call and ask. We weren't sure how good (or bad, really) we were going to be, so we went in for our first lesson about 2 months before the wedding. We had one private lesson a week for 3 weeks, then we just practiced on our own for a few more weeks. We took one more lesson 2 weeks before the wedding to learn the beginning and end and brush up on technique. It worked out really well for us, because it struck a balance between having enough time to practice and having a lesson close to the wedding to polish it.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • edited December 2011
    IMO:
    be careful w/ dance lessons... if you do'nt have the dance down pact, couples can often look like "idiots" as you can see them counting off steps in their head and not really enjoying it.  i've been to two weddings where couples did this and was not impressed.  it would have been more meaningful had they been concentrating on each other and the moment instead of where the dance floor ended...
  • amygirl78amygirl78 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My F and I want to do a surprise first dance thats choreographed (but not ballroom). Anyone know of a dance studio in the Warwick area that can handle our challenge? Oh and not be too too expensive (we do have a wedding to plan after all). lol
  • Corvus2010Corvus2010 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We used Denise Day (google search:)
    http://maps.google.com/maps/place?rls=com.microsoft:en-us:IE-Address&oe=UTF-8&rlz=1I7_____en&um=1&ie=UTF-8&q=denise+day+MA&fb=1&gl=us&hq=denise+day&hnear=MA&cid=4851022886694930384

We had such an awesome time working with Denise.  She is in Shrewbury, MA, so might not be the right area for you, but does great work.  We wish we had more time to rehearse, and even with a lack of practice time, our dance was great and romantic.  Check out our dance!

www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DUQyJ7nV7f_k&h=d914b" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQyJ7nV7f_k
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards