September 2012 Weddings
Options

Wedding Party Gifts

So,  to start off I haven't really been around lately so I'm positive this has been talked about on numerous occasions, but here goes anyways.

I'm stuck.  Seriously stuck on what to do for gifts for the bridal party.  I have 6 girls so I need it to be semi-affordable.  I was planning on doing some sort of tote bag thing but I found out favorite colors, etc. too late and all that's left is orange and brown.  Yeah, not going to do that.  I'm also not so sure if I even like the tote bag idea.  My budget is pretty limited but I want to get them something they'd love and is meaningful but I am having a crazy hard time coming up with ideas.  

.... so after all of that typing... What are you all doing for gifts or if you haven't done that yet, what are your ideas?

Re: Wedding Party Gifts

• Options
    I used a Wedding Channel deal to get 6 bridesmaid dress painted wine glasses, personalized with names and date.  In addition to that I will do some fun stuff (nail file/polish/gift card or a *cheap-ish* bottle of wine).  I'd love to buy them each a $20 bottle, but FI and I don't even drink stuff that nice on a special occasion.  We're still young!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers

image 225 Invited so far!
    image 148 Are ready to party!
    image 77 Will be missing out!
    image 0 Are MIA!
  • Options
    That's a good idea! I wanted to do the tote and have a gift in it that's will be a memory of the day and a bit nicer then a few minigifts like you mentioned. Here's a thought, tell me what you think, still order the totes with the brown straps and incorporate their personality and colors in the other gifts.
  • Options
    I went to Things Remembered and bought each girl a compact with their intials engraved. They are so prettty. I also got each a Wine Stopped with their names engraved. They are crystal and very pretty.  The compacts were $20.00 each plus engraving charges and the wine stoppers were also $20.00 Each (But you get 2 stoppers for $20.00) plus the engraving. I just gave each girl one. I have 3 girls, so I kept one for myself.
    image 211 Invited image 153 Ready to Party image 58 Are Missing Out Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    kellycatalokellycatalo member
    First Comment
    edited July 2012
    i ordered monogrammed jewelry rolls from pottery barn. i know i have seen some cheaper ones at target though.

i also got them sunglasses (which we'll use for pictures so not really a gift) and then also monogrammed beer coozies for the bachelorette. i was thinking of doing the personalized wine glasses or glitter champagne flutes (i saw them on pinterest) to give to them at the rehearsal. i have a hard time not buying everything, i love giving presents to people when i think they will really like them!
    Happily married since 9/1/2012!
    The Whimsical Wifey
  • Options
    I got the bridesmaids jewelry rolls and personalized compact mirrors off of etsy.  I'm also planning on writing each of them a nice card to tell them how important they are to me.  I bought the younger helpers (my nieces in charge of the guest book, flower girl) little cute coin purses and personalized mirrors (again off of etsy!).  I'm leaving the boy gifts up to FI!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker White Knot
  • Options
    oh, for the ushers i plan on just getting target gift cards. i know they will both use them and they are both in HS so don't have too much spending money.
    Happily married since 9/1/2012!
    The Whimsical Wifey
  • Options
    I got my girls coach make up bags. Inside there is a starbucks giftcard, mini candle, small chapstick etc.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2012-weddings_wedding-party-gifts-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:a464c18c-2e4d-469b-8eae-3865079cb9cfDiscussion:2f9df593-95e0-47a7-a5b4-fe7ac3467604Post:884b5b60-a0ce-48cf-af22-9f1576f90493">Re: Wedding Party Gifts</a>:
    [QUOTE]I got the bridesmaids jewelry rolls and personalized compact mirrors off of etsy.  I'm also planning on writing each of them a nice card to tell them how important they are to me.  I bought the younger helpers (my nieces in charge of the guest book, flower girl) little cute coin purses and personalized mirrors (again off of etsy!).  I'm leaving the boy gifts up to FI!
    Posted by mtnbrooke7[/QUOTE]

<div>Can you share the etsy seller?</div>
    September 2012 Siggy Challenge: Wedding Preview!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker

122image 110image 12image
  • Options
    egm900egm900 member
    First Comment
    We got them these (clicky), I think all of my BM's would like them and the price can't be beat. No one is going to know a plain Swarovski tennis bracelet is from a previous season.  I think that website also has them with the colored crystals.
  • Options
    I got the girls personalized totes off VP using one of their free deals. Its in their personal fav colour with their name on it. Inside for the BMs I have a personalize frame, comfortable footwear for the reception, a necklace/earring set for each of them in their personal colours, note pad and pen in their fav colours with their name on it and a mug that matches thier tote. I will have coffee/tea/hot chocolate in our suite the morning we're getting ready so the mugs seemed like a fun gift we could use on the spot and keep after (made myself one too). Oh ya, and I made mens shirts with the whole 'bridesmaid/bride/etc' on the back in rhinestones but they cost like NOTHING and I don't count them as part of the gift, they are more for photos lol
    For my Man of Honour its pretty much the same except instead of the jewellery I got him cufflinks and am making a scrapbook with pictures of us from Gr 9 until now :)
  • Options
    I got my girls Coach wristlets when they were on sale for 50% off last Black Friday. I also got each of them a monogrammed spa robe (on sale during Christmas from JCP for $22 each with free monogramming) that I thought would be cute for getting ready pictures but that they can obviously keep and use again. I was thinking of adding in something small to the bag also, like a bottle of wine or a wine glass, but I haven't decided yet. As for the groomsmen, FI is having a hard time decided. He originally wanted to do watches, but there was no way to do it while staying in our budget. Someone suggested monogrammed money clips with a different gift card for each guy in it, so we may do something like that. Everything i've found for the guys seems very cliche!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    I'm still working on mine, but here is what I have so far:

MOH: Monogrammed purse hanger, pashmina
    BM1: Favorite lotion
    BM2: GC to favorite local ice cream place, personalized purse hanger, bottle of fave wine
    BM3: No clue yet!
    Once upon a time, there was a boy who loved a girl, and her laughter was a question he wanted to spend his whole life answering.
  • Options
    Purchased so far:
    Monogrammed tote-bags (clicky) from Lands-end in navy (the main wedding color) - got a $100 lands end GC with points from a credit card, so I think I only paid about $18 incl shipping for all of them.  
    silver fold-up dancing slippers in zip pouch - $16 each at party city
    gray/silver pearl necklace and earrings - I think they were around $15 a set on Etsy
    I've also picked up a few little things here and there (notepads, pens, tissues) in colors and designs I think each girl will like.

I think I'll also make hangers for each BM, like the ones that someone posted on FB yesterday - wooden hangers with names stamped on each with rubber stamps & coordinating ribbon).

I may still do one more gift - probably wine glasses that I'll personalize either with etching cream or paint.  
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2012-weddings_wedding-party-gifts-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:a464c18c-2e4d-469b-8eae-3865079cb9cfDiscussion:2f9df593-95e0-47a7-a5b4-fe7ac3467604Post:8f472523-ef75-42cd-886b-8740677f06a7">Re: Wedding Party Gifts</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Wedding Party Gifts : Can you share the etsy seller?
    Posted by smartlypretty[/QUOTE]

The seller for the jewelry rolls was "punchanella", the bm mirror compacts were from "theprintedsurface", the mirrors for the younger helpers were from "iLoveTrinkets", and the cool coin purses were from "OvationStudio".  :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker White Knot
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2012-weddings_wedding-party-gifts-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:a464c18c-2e4d-469b-8eae-3865079cb9cfDiscussion:2f9df593-95e0-47a7-a5b4-fe7ac3467604Post:f74993b6-ec1f-48b2-a18a-ac8143f8dc6e">Re: Wedding Party Gifts</a>:
    [QUOTE]I got the girls personalized totes off VP using one of their free deals. Its in their personal fav colour with their name on it. Inside for the BMs I have a personalize frame, comfortable footwear for the reception, a necklace/earring set for each of them in their personal colours, note pad and pen in their fav colours with their name on it and a mug that matches thier tote. I will have coffee/tea/hot chocolate in our suite the morning we're getting ready so the mugs seemed like a fun gift we could use on the spot and keep after (made myself one too). Oh ya, and I made mens shirts with the whole 'bridesmaid/bride/etc' on the back in rhinestones but they cost like NOTHING and I don't count them as part of the gift, they are more for photos lol For my Man of Honour its pretty much the same except instead of the jewellery I got him cufflinks and am making a scrapbook with pictures of us from Gr 9 until now :)
    Posted by BMcLeodTeam[/QUOTE]

Where did you purchase the rhinestones to make your shirts?!? I purchased robes and I want to put the rhonestones on it! Thanks :)
  • Options
    I ordered personalized compact mirrors from the etsy seller HoneyBunnyPaperie , a mirror for my BM, my mom, and one for myself.

For my BM I ordered a Boston Bruins blanket. (She is a huge hockey fan and a goalie herself.) I also got her a little bag full of goodies: a dunkin' donuts gift card, hair ties, her favorite gum, nips of her favorite drinks, chapstick, etc.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    I'm a major bargain hunter.  Our budget for each person was$25.  For that, I got each girl:

A tote bag (on clearance at Target- so cute I even got one for myself haha)
    Drink glass (wine/cocktail/beer depending on their poison), personalized with vinyl stickers from Etsy
    Flip Flops (on sale at Delias with free shipping)
    Beach towel (on sale at Target)

I also got my MOH a brown flower for her dress or her hair, and our celebrant also is getting a carved apricot wood guitar pick as an extra special thank you.  She is a music teacher in an elementary school, and also gives private guitar lessons, so she is very musical :)
  • Options
    edited July 2012
    Kwortman80 where did you find the grey/silver necklaces for your bridesmaids?   Ive been looking for those colors for my bridesmaids.  They are wearing green dresses and I need grey/silver jewelry.  Thanks .
    Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Wedding tickers Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Options
    I got them the personalized wire dress hangers, charm necklaces from dogeared.com and a silver jewelry box with their initial for the necklace to go in and I'm going to pay for their makeup to be done.

My brothers are my groomsmen and I'm getting them tickets to a football game. EASY! :)
    -kristine!

image 233 made the cut!
    image 186 are ready to party!
    image 47 are party poopers!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards