September 2012 Weddings
Options

Gifts for Parents

We are having a hard time figuring out what kind of gift to get our parents. I don't really want to give personalized picture frames and I think a gift card to a restaurant is too informal. His parents do not drink... Mine do. His parents are paying for the rehearsal dinner... Mine are footing the entire bill for the wedding. HELP!!!!

Re: Gifts for Parents

• Options
    maybe a bottle of their favorite liquor or wine and some nice glasses for your parents?

i'm still waiting on fi to get something for his dad but we got his mom and silver jewelry box with a nice quote engraved on it.
    -kristine!

image 233 made the cut!
    image 186 are ready to party!
    image 47 are party poopers!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    We're in a similar scenario- my parents gave us a generous amount of money (covering about half) for the wedding, his dad is hosting the rehearsal dinner. He got his dad the same thing he got his brothers, an engraved beer stein (his dad prefers beer). We'll also send him a nice framed wedding picture when we have them.

I got my parents a really nice throw, and we'll get them a good framed picture. Plus I'm sending them a half a case of local wine to the house, and will drop off a bottle of wine, some sparkling water, and some snacks at their hotel when they get to town on Thursday.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Do they have a hobby they enjoy? Something that really makes you think of them? We're doing the photo frame idea for my mother, but for her bf we actually got custom fishing lures made for him because that's his passion :)
  • Options
    I had actually never heard of such a tradition, and 5 days out, our budget doesn't have much flexibility remaining.  Since neither of our parents contributed to the costs, I'm going to thank them in my speech for attending, and for raising each of us to be someone the other loves, but that's about it.
  • Options
    We decided to get a nice vase for each set of parents. The Vase is one that we registered for and already recieved as a gift - we thought it was a neat idea that we all have the same one in our seperate homes to represent our family love and bond.

It doesn't have to be something super expensive, I'm sure your parents will appreciate any sort of gesture.
  • Options
    My Fiance and I are putting together photobooks with picture of us growing up. The one for my parents will have pictures of me growing up and then the last page or so will be pictures of my fiance and I together and his will be the same with all his pictuers growing up. They only cost about $30- $40 depending on the size you choose and the amount of pages you add. Mixbook and Shutterfly are my two favorites. Mixbook was very quick to get our photo guest book back. It only took about a week and I forget how long shutterfly took. 
  • Options
    If you use Shutterfly, there is a code that is valid until 9/12 (SUMMERBOOK) that will take $30 off any book 8x8 or larger. All you pay for is shipping and any extras you add to the book. I made our guestbook yesterday and only paid $14 for it!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards