Latino Weddings
Options

Arras/13 coins

Is anyone incorporating this into their ceremony? I had always talked to my mother about this years and years ago. I would love to do it but I'm not sure how to go about including this in our ceremony. We are getting married at a traditionally Polish Catholic church, however the population has changed and there is more of a Latino presence. Where in the ceremony would this occur? Also, what kind of coins do I use? Would I have to get them dipped at a jeweler? TIA.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Arras/13 coins

• Options
    aghouston86aghouston86 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You can purchase them online or at any hispanic shop that sells items for weddings and baptisms.

The Arras are exchanded after the blessing and exchange of rings, durring the Rite of Marriage.

HTH!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    DodgersBrideDodgersBride member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

My sister used them for her wedding along with the lasso. I bought them for her and I purchase them from a Catholic supply store. They should come already dipped in either a silver or gold color. I am sure there are real gold and silver dipped ones. The should have Jesus and the 12 apostles on them. The store I used was local but they have a website and I am sue if you do a quick google search you will be able to find sites that sell then.  

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I included arras in my ceremony. I'm Mexican and my mom and all my aunts did this at their weddings. My aunt offered her arras, so that's what  I used. They were gold coins. You can find them on Amazon or eBay. The gold ones can get expensive, If you don't want to spend  much, you can also use silver coins. We did the arras ceremony after the introduction and vows, and then we did a sand ceremony and ring exchange, and then the kiss :D I loved having arras in my wedding, it was so special.
    imageAnniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you all for the suggestions. I would really love to have this a part of our day.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Not sure anyone will see this! How did you word the arras and lazo ceremonies in your programs?
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards