Maine
Options

What are you doing for your groom?

Just wondering if anyone had some creative ideas for a surprise for the groom on your big day! I have been debating getting a cake sculpted like our dog, also thought about a cigar station but threw that idea out.....anyone else have some good ideas? I am willing to spend a few hundred dollars if I think he will really love it!

Re: What are you doing for your groom?

• Options
    hcorr34hcorr34 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Does your FI have a favorite sports team?  I think I am going to surprise FI by getting Red Sox jerseys custom made with our last name on it, with one of us having the #7 and the other having #16 (7-16 is our date).  I'm going to have our coordinator put them on our chairs for the reception so he won't know until we get in.  We are honeymooning in Baltimore and going to 3 Sox games down there, so I think it will be the perfect surprise.

This is all somewhat dependent on $$, but I realllllly want to make this happen!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am making my FI a tallit (Jewish prayer shawl).  It's not a surprise, because he helped pick out the fabric and I have the sewing machine and everything out in our dining room.  

I am thinking about getting boudoir photos taken and giving him an album on our wedding day, which would be a surprise gift.  I am going to see how I feel about our photographer after our engagement shoot, and if I feel comfortable with her enough to do it, that's probably what I will do.  
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I was going to surprise him with a groom's cake at the reception, but forgetful me left the contract out on the table one day... so it's no longer a surprise.  It's going to be DC COmic themed.  I also bought him a really nice Seiko watch and plan on inscribing it.
  • Options
    meg213fmeg213f member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I had boudoir photos taken by Shelly Rose photography. It was kind of pricey but I had a lot of fun doing it! I'll give him that on the wedding night. :) I'm actually picking them up tomorrow and my wedding isn't until 9/4 so it will be tough to wait!!

I'm also having a friend of mine do a grooms cake of a computer since my FI owns a computer store and having the screen be one of those electronic picture frames and put a bunch of silly baby pictures of him in it. :)
  • Options
    schadbourneschadbourne member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    hcorigan i am doing something similar, who doesnt love the red sox :)

we are going to get custom shirts and get photographed, then put the photo in our signature mat until we get our photos from our wedding.

I was thinking about getting him red sox tickets. (p.s. he has done the baltimore trip to see the sox and loved it you and your Husband will have a great time!)

i will def be getting him steaks, our honeymoon is at a lakehouse and we will be cooking, so i will be getting steaktips from the steakhouse

other than that im not sure
  • Options
    LHB2011LHB2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_maine_doing-groom?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:98Discussion:cfa42930-9597-40e2-900c-85cb988d0ba2Post:d465d6e1-5e4a-4050-b94b-751fea88a306">Re: What are you doing for your groom?</a>:
    [QUOTE]hcorigan i am doing something similar, who doesnt love the red sox :)
    Posted by schadbourne[/QUOTE]

Me ;-) I'm Yankees through and through.  Probably a minority on this board though... FI's a Red Sox fan though.  Born and raised outside of Boston.  Six years later, we're not sure how it works either...

FI really wanted cupcakes but I really wanted a traditional wedding cake.  He gave in to make me happy, so I am going to surprise him with a groom's cake made of little cupcakes.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    hcorr34hcorr34 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_maine_doing-groom?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:98Discussion:cfa42930-9597-40e2-900c-85cb988d0ba2Post:d465d6e1-5e4a-4050-b94b-751fea88a306">Re: What are you doing for your groom?</a>:
    [QUOTE]hcorigan i am doing something similar, who doesnt love the red sox :) we are going to get custom shirts and get photographed, then put the photo in our signature mat until we get our photos from our wedding. I was thinking about getting him red sox tickets. (<strong>p.s. he has done the baltimore trip to see the sox and loved it you and your Husband will have a great time!</strong>) i will def be getting him steaks, our honeymoon is at a lakehouse and we will be cooking, so i will be getting steaktips from the steakhouse other than that im not sure
    Posted by schadbourne[/QUOTE]

We actually went two years ago on a road trip.  It is so fun down there... and cheap!  Tickets for three games for the price of one set to Fenway!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am surprising him with a grooms cake at the reception.  It will be a soccer ball (his favorite sport) with a Ghana flag on it (where he's from).
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    schadbourneschadbourne member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    booo yankees suck ; )

hcorigan you are tempting me.....to look into going to baltimore....

cupcakes are a great idea for a grooms cake...i may consider that hmm
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards