Maine

Vendor Reviews!

I was married last Saturday and it was absolutely the perfect day!  All of my vendors were FANTASTIC so I wanted to offer some reviews for brides in the planning process.  I couldn't say enough nice things about them all!

Ceremony and Reception Site: Our ceremony and reception were held at the York Harbor Inn in York Beach, ME.  The staff were delightful, the food was fantastic and the organization of the event was very good.  The ceremony was across the street at a reserve overlooking the ocean.  The Inn staff made sure everyone was where they were supposed to be and orchestrated the event perfectly.  They provided extra snacks and lunch for us as we were getting ready and they dealt with all the arriving vendors so that I didn't have to!  The scenery was absolutely breath taking as well!

Photography: Our photography was done by Russell Caron Photography.  Our package included engagement photos, rehearsal dinner coverage as well as the full wedding day with TWO photographers.  Russ really got to know us through the process and was able to capture so many important memories.  Having him at the rehearsal dinner way key, as he was able to get to know who the "important people" were and he was able to document an event that probably wouldn't have been documented otherwise.  Russ was by my side all day as I got ready but at no time was he obtrusive.  He captured some really important moments because he was there as we got ready.  His assistant spent the day with my husband so we were able to get shots of the boys getting ready too!  Russ stayed until the end of our reception AND posted a sneak peak of photos onto facebook for us to see within 36 hours of the event!  He is HIGHLY recommended!

Band: The band we chose for our ceremony was the "To The Point" band (they are affiliated with Point Sebago).  They were AMAZING!  They chose the perfect combination of songs, were willing to take last minute requests, and kept the dance floor filled all evening!  Just as a note, they are a 7 piece band so plan on having enough space for them!  They are also very reasonably priced for such a large band!

Flowers: We chose to work with Heather from Calluna Fine Flowers in Ogunquit.  Heather was very aware of my "floral limitations" and provided us with many visual flower options to decide upon.  She had a great floral eye, and was able to be creative with the information about our day that we gave her.  She put together amazing bouquets as well as part of our centerpieces.  She was on time with her delivery and very effecient.

Cake: Our cake was designed by Gayle Forte from Let Them Eat Cake in Kennebunk.  She was extremely easy to work with, organized and receptive to our ideas.  At the time of our planning process, we lived out of state and Gayle was able to mail us the samples to try the different cake options.  At first I wasn't sure how this would go, but the cake arrived in good shape and was a lot of fun to sample at home!  Her cake design was a great combination of the pieces we had wanted with some amazing touches that she came up with.  She was efficient and reliable as well as created a very yummy cake!!

Dress: I bought my dress from Madeleine's Daughter in Portsmouth, NH.  Throughout the entire process, the staff were courteous, helpful and friendly!  At the last minute I needed an additional fitting and the seamstress rearranged her schedule so that she could come in early for my final fitting.  The dress was beautiful and the service was fantastic!

Officiant: We chose to use a notary for our officiant.  We found him through a family friend.  His name is David Ezhaya from Raymond, ME.  David responded well to our requests for a short but warm ceremony.  He got to know us and was able to speak to many of our interests as a couple as well as our love for each other. David was very reliable and inexpensive but definitely designed the perfect ceremony for us.  He immediately got our marriage license in the mail and we had it within a few days of the ceremony.

Bridesmaid/Groomsmen outfits: We went with David's Bridal and Men's Warehouse for our dresses and tuxes.  They were ok.  Nothing amazing to say other than that the girls and guys looked great!

Makeup: We chose to go with Stacia Tetrault makeup (you can find her on facebook).  She did a great job and everyone looked just as they wanted.  I am not a big makeup person so I appeciated that she was aware of that and made sure that my makeup was as I wanted it to be.  She does a really nice job of applying makeup so that it does not look caked on!  She does have a higher price if she has to travel to you (she is based out of Portland) but it is worth it!

I hope these reviews help other brides in the planning process!  I know that in my planning process it was  very helpful to get suggestions from other people!  Good luck and enjoy the ride!!!

Re: Vendor Reviews!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards