Ohio-Columbus

Travel Agents

Who are you using, if anyone for your honeymoon?
We talked to Bliss Honeymoons and they are the most impersonal people we have met with to date.

Re: Travel Agents

• edited December 2011
    i just met a girl named angel who owns island travel co. she is super cool and helpful. i don't have a website but she is so nice i would recommend her in a minute!
  • KellyRVTKellyRVT member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We met with Bliss and they said they don't guarantee the best price available. That was kind of the deal killer there. I thought that's what travel agents were supposed to do? 

After WEEKS of research on travel site after travel site, we finally booked through the resort's website, which ended up having the best deal by far. 

We are going to the #1 resort in Cancun btw, Le Blanc if anyone wants to check it out. 
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011
    For what it's worth we are using Susan from Travel Plex in Gahanna, she was really nice and has responded to all of our inquires! She booked us thru Apple vacations for our trip.
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone.
    @ KellyRVT
    The deal killer for us that she told us not to get on the internet which just SCREAMED we are cheating you out of your money. And, I emailed her for a personal reference for Capri and she said exactly this: "For the right couple, Capri is the right resort. We'd be glad to price it for you when you send in your deposit." I was like beeotch.
    LeBlanc sounds good, I will definitely look that up. :)

@Christie-We haven't looked at Apple vacations yet, good option!
    @MissOwl- I will look it up!

• Combs132Combs132 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are AAA members and used the AAA in Grandview - I think we got a good deal but my FI was much more heavily involved in the honeymoon planning
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    My parents use active travel in hilliard and they really liked them. i have never personally used them but I will probably use them if we decide to go on a honeymoon.
  • edited December 2011
    We were members of AAA at the time and were able to use their travel agents free of charge. It was great and took a lot of the stress out of planning a big vacation.
  • misssuzyqmisssuzyq member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are using Bliss and have had nothing but good experiences with them thus far.  She did also tell us that she didn't recommend searching the internet non-stop, but she was talking more about after we booked our trip.  The resorts are constantly running different specials, so why drive yourself crazy worrying about every special that is out there after you have already booked your trip.  We booked our Maui trip a few months ago, and I admit I have looked on the internet a few times to see if I was getting a good deal and I haven't found any major price differences between what we booked and what is available on the internet, and they did all the WORK.  Laura put together slide show presenations with prices on many different resorts in many different places while we were trying to make our decision.  Once we made our decision to go to Maui, Laura did a lot of work getting us flights at good times and good prices.  She called us several times to give us different options for flights.. the kind of stuff that would have surely taken me hours of internet research.  Even if we did pay a few exta dollars it is worth it, she has taken care of everything!  I at first was a little put off by having to do the $100 deposit, but after seeing the effort Laura went to in planning our trip I understand why it is necessary.  
  • edited December 2011
    He is an AAA member. Maybe I will look into that too!
  • itsallnice421itsallnice421 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We booked through Uniglobe Travel Designers located in the Whitehall/Bexley area. We were very picky about what type of resort we wanted and they were really patient and worked with us until we found what we wanted. I'd recommend them if you're still looking.
  • csh96csh96 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We used Angel from Island Travel as well.  We met her at a bridal show in the fall.  You can find them on Facebook.  She was great to work with and really knows her stuff, especially if you are interested in the Dominican Republic.
    image &nbsp ? image
    Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I contacted Island Travel. We are probably going to go with her. She was so incredibly amazing with us!
  • JessaClineJessaCline member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My husband and I used Bliss Honeymoons and everything went perfectly! To begin (back in Septmber of 2010) we knew we wanted to go Europe, so Bernadine put together many options within Europe including Spain, Italy, Greece and France. We decided to go to Paris, Santorini, Mykonos, and Athens. With each location we had specific requests on what we wanted to see and do.  Bernadine took care of everything that we needed and was very helpful in getting us the best price, as we were on a budget! Of course some resorts were recommended over others especially based on past expeirence with each resort. We put down the $100 deposit with no qualms because it was put towards our trip. Overall  having an agent that was very attentive to our wish list and that took care of all our needs was invaluable. We were married June 2011 and left for our honeymoon two days later. We had an amazing time and I would recommend Bliss Honeymoons to anyone! The picture below is my husband and I in Santorini.
  • gsamstutzgsamstutz member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I used Bliss Honeymoons to book a trip to Italy right after I got engaged and they were great! Our trip couldn't have gone more smoothly. All of the excursions they booked for us, hotel, and transportation was great. As we met people along the way, they were jealous of all the help we got to plan our trip. I also tried to book it on my own and it was going to be more expensive. We are using them again to book our honeymoon, and again I checked the rates as if I did it on my own and they were still able to get us a better deal. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards