Missouri-St Louis
Options

Caterers that specialize in BBQ

Hi there,
My fiance' and I are marrying on July 3rd and are having our rehearsal at my subdivision clubhouse on July 1st.  We have decided on a BBQ theme, since the
4th of July is just around the corner.  Does anyone have suggestions on a caterer that specializes in tasty BBQ?  I plan to check into Bandana's, Supersmokers, and The Smokehouse in Chesterfield.  Thanks for all of your help!
SMILES Tongue out
Melissa

Re: Caterers that specialize in BBQ

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Pappy's has amazing BBQ, and they cater as well.  I would definitely look into them!
    2012 Races
    GO! St. Louis Half Marathon-2:32:13
    Omaha Half Marathon 9.23.12
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My vote is for Supersmokers! I LOVE their BBQ I know that both SS and Banana's do catering. The Smokehouse is on the pricey side.
    "I heard Jesus he drank wine, I'd bet we'd get along just fine. He can calm the storm and heal the blind and I bet he'd understand a heart like mine" ~Miranda Lambert
    We ride, never worry 'bout the fall.....I guess thats just the cowbow in us all ~Tim McGraw
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thank you ladies for your recommendations!  Now, I'm hungry for some BBQ!  Wink
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Pappy's Smokehouse is the best and least expensive of your choices.  Bandana's is good but ridiculously overpriced.  Mike (the owner) will take excellent care of you!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks again, ladies~ 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My wedding  is on labor day weekend so we decided the same thing, we are using The Shaved Duck as our caterer.
  • Options
    jlk0219jlk0219 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We used to get Bandana's catering all the time for work parties.  The BBQ is awesome but they seem to make their money in overcharging on side items and drinks (sweet tea, potato salad, etc).  They charge like $15 for a dozen brownies!  You might want to get your meat from a BBQ restaurant and then just buy your sides and drinks from a local grocery like Dierbergs. Just an idea!
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Pappy's!!! Their food is very good. They are located by SLU in down town STL. I have been there many times and so have my firneds.

Also, try Two Mikes catering- I know they have BBQ.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    My future father-in-law actually does catering.  His BBQ team has won awards at competitions, its amazing BBQ! The catering company is called Sweet Britches BBQ. They are pretty reasonable.  (314)954-8725 if you are interested :) Good luck!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We're doing BBQ for our rehersal dinner too and there is only one word in BBQ in STL - PAPPY'S!! Excellent food, great price.
    Which did you like better? "Jedi" or "The Empire Strikes Back"? "Empire". Blasphemy. "Empire" had the better ending. I mean, Luke gets his hand cut off, finds out Vader's his father, Han gets frozen and taken away by Boba Fett. It ends on such a down note. I mean, that's what life is, a series of down endings. All "Jedi" had was a bunch of Muppets.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards