Wedding Woes

IHO Kuus's tuxedo question

(lurkers, too!)

At your wedding what color were the guys' tuxedo vests?

Bonus points for posting pictures.

Re: IHO Kuus's tuxedo question

• loveshine1loveshine1 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    They wore black, other than DH who wore ivory to match my dress, and my dad, grandpa and DH's dad and grandpa who wore silver.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • DG1DG1 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

H wore white tie & vest.
    Groomsmen wore red ties & vests.
    Fathers (mine and H's) wore black ties & vests.

Oh yeah. My wedding venue was decorated with Vargas girl prints. I loved it. :)

Somehow, I had no recollection of the pocket handkerchiefs. ugh.
    Andplusalso, the bow ties were all H's thing. I wanted long ties. But he wanted to be in charge of tuxes, so I said OK.

• *Barbie**Barbie* member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011

our guys had apple red vests and neckties (wedding color), DK had a dark silver vest and necktie, and dads picked out vests and neckties to match moms' dresses - mine in a blue/green and MIL in champagne.

only pic i have on work comp.

• TheDuckisTheDuckis member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We went very classic. Bridesmaids in ivory. H wore an ivory vest and tie, and the guys wore black vests and ties. Our dads and 2 of my brothers had the same tuxes as the groomsmen. My 3rd brother wore his dress blues.
  • ReturnOfKuusReturnOfKuus member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited December 2011
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_iho-kuuss-tuxedo-question?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:47Discussion:eba8b458-0f32-4353-85b2-0491339537baPost:1034d3fa-0c16-4f53-94ef-d78355d2f01d">Re: IHO Kuus's tuxedo question</a>:
    [QUOTE]*smh*
    Posted by ReturnOfKuus[/QUOTE]
    says the lady who wore a purple wedding dress. It's funny how you're all pearl clutchy about this when you were an untraditional bride yourself...
    edited December 2011
    I'm not criticizing a lack of tradition - I'm criticizing something common (traditional, if you will) that's hideous and displays a lack of knowledge about what constitutes a suit and what is an accessory.
  • edited December 2011
    I don't know why I keep making up words. Leave me alone.
  • hmonkeyhmonkey member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
  • nicoleg1982nicoleg1982 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I guess they wore tuxedos.  Maybe they were really suits.  But no vests.  Just ties in wedding colors.

Groomsman and bridesmaid in background.  Same colors.

imageimage
  • edited December 2011
    I don't have pics of everyone yet....pics aren't back yet. H wore a black bow tie & vest - he bought his tux, and the guys all rented, but they also had black bow ties & vests. 

image **Married 7/9/11**
  • AuntFloAuntFlo member
    edited December 2011
    I did what the knot told me to do.   :(
    Groomsmen wore turquoise ties and vests (mainly so DH could get even for the crap he had to wear at their weddings), fathers wore black ties and vests and DH wore ivory.
    ALSO:  I broke the cardinal rule and let them all wear ivory shirts and THEY DID NOT LOOK DIRTY.  
    Pictures are in my profile on FB.
    edited December 2011
    And to be fair, I am mostly enraged at the tux places who are pushing this.  Why don't they have vests with the tuxes?  Why do they have pants and a jacket, and then row after row of what looks like a starting point for a barbershop quartet?
    edited December 2011
  • DG1DG1 member
    5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

Oooh. The lurker is pretty with a pretty dress and pretty flowers. :)

I'm pretty meh about rented tuxes in general, just because they never fit right. They're all about hemming them, but no one cares that the rise is always all wrong and the crotch is halfway to the guys' knees. Ditto sleeve length vs. jacket length. WTF, dudes.

If I had it to do over again, that might be something I'd do differently. Suits instead of tuxes. But again, H wanted to be in charge of that.

And really, no comments on my dad's awesome mustache? That almost never happens, when people meet him or see his picture.

edited December 2011
    He does have a pretty awesome mustache.
  • mrstess2bemrstess2be member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    My husband's tie and vest was ivory, and his best man's was pale green to match the bridesmaid's dresses. The fathers and grandfathers just wore regular suits.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards