Wisconsin

Caterers??

I am planning a May 2011 wedding at South Shore Pavilion.  Now that I have the church and the reception venue.... I need a caterer!  Any suggestions?  We are going to have around 225 guests and the things that are important to us are: the food is not outrageously expensive (i.e. more than $35/plate), a served dinner, and good references!!  Thanks in advance!

Re: Caterers??

• SweetCharadeSweetCharade member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Chef Jack's did a holiday party I attended...the food was FANTASTIC!!!  Not sure on his pricing, but he is definitely worth looking in to in my book.
  • Alyssa0421Alyssa0421 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're using Irene's Catering and have been really happy with them so far. Our plates are $30 per person without tax - that includes the food, china, linens, servers, all service charges, cake cutting fees, etc. Alcohol is booked through a separate vendor that works with Irene's.
  • Alyssa0421Alyssa0421 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I should add that we had our tasting and I was quite pleasantly surprised at how good the food was. I was expecting mediocre hotel-quality type food, and everything was really delicious!
  • BackpackersBackpackers member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I will second Chef Jack's. We're having a buffet for $29/person and I think their sit-down dinner is only a few dollars more. The food is definitely better than anything we tasted!! I had a bad experience with Irene's. We were left hanging. We had a tasting but they never called back with an estimate, or emailed. I called again because we were ready to go with them if the price was right (the food was pretty good). She said she forgot, and then again, never got back to us. :( But I hope you have a better experience!
  • edited December 2011
    We used Chef Jack's for our wedding & LOVED them. We did a semi-sit dinner & I believe at the time is was about $35.00/pp plus the service charge & tax. But everything is included with them (ie plateware, silverware, etc). The food & the service was OUTSTANDING.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards