Wedding Vows & Ceremony Discussions

Kids Table Ideas?

We have lots of kids in our family, and I really want a kids table!  I am really trying to avoid putting any food/candy on the table. And I already have some of the safe alternatives, or 'basics' you might say, like crayons, coloring books, bubbles and so forth... Does anyone else have some unique ideas of what I could do?
~Soon to become Mrs. O'Kane!~

Re: Kids Table Ideas?

• If there are not a lot you can buy disposable cameras and do an I-Spy game that the kids can take pictures of.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • A friend's wedding had a Legos table, which I thought was brilliant: appeals to a range of ages, quiet, doesn't make a mess, etc.  They can be a choking hazard for little ones, but they would be too young to sit without a parent anyway.

You could also provide some inexpensive, cardboard picture frames (available at craft stores) along with stickers and markers (assuming you want to avoid glue for easy clean-up) that each child can decorate for a souvenir from the day.  Even better if you made time to take a quick photo with each child to put in the frame--how special would that make them feel!
    "Do not fear, for I have redeemed you; I have called you by name; you are Mine!" (Isaiah 43:1)
  • Depending on ages, puzzles and travel-sized games might be good.
  • This really doesn't pertain to a kids table but can be a  lot of fun for the kids...especially if there will be several, but we are doing a candy toss for the kids (still deciding on whether to do a bouquet toss or not since there will hardly be any single women at our wedding) but would probably do this around the same time.
  • Make a 'tablecloth' of a huge sheet of paper and supply crayons, have little bottles of bubbles (NOT the big bottles, I sort of think it's exponentially harder to clean up bubble soap with every additional spilled ouce.)

Maybe a building toy like lincoln logs, knex or legos if the kiddoes are big enough not to choke.  Little bits like hotwheels cars or platic toy animals are good too.
  • At my SIL's wedding, they had a few boxes of markers (although I would recommend washable crayons...no stains on dresses), a large container filled with coloring books, and a bouncy castle outside. I think they may have also had a paper tablecloth so they could color there also. It went over great! It kept the kids busy, out of trouble, and happy :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards