Texas-Houston

Restaurant Reception

I am looking for a restaurant reception place. There will probably be about 100-120 people. I know that's a large number for a restaurant. We are either getting married in Clear Lake or near the Galleria.

One other question I have is, would it be ok for guests to drive from Clear Lake to the Galleria area for a reception. Is that too far?

Thanks for your help!

P.S. I already know about Maggiano's. I just need some other ideas. Thanks!

Re: Restaurant Reception

• PJS001PJS001 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    • Cullen's which is off Space Center Blvd. has some great spaces and pretty decent prices.
    • Sundance Grill II at Waterford Harbor is on the water and can accomodate up to 200 people I think.
    •Patio on Mercer could be something to look into as well as it will give you some outdoor as well as indoor space.

Those are all the ones I have off the top of my head.

And now we are as one
    Married February 20, 2011

• monkeysipmonkeysip member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited December 2011
    Brenner's on the Bayou--don't know how many it holds or how much it costs.  River oaks-ish area.

Brennan's--kinda pricey, but super chic, holds at least the amount you want.  Kinda mid-town area. 

Vargo's--don't know if this place is nice enough for you, but it's semi-reasonable and holds a lot of people.  Past galleria area.

The Grove--the inside only holds 80 w/dance floor, about 100 w/o dance floor.  But there's a rooftop that holds more.  Very nice restaurant downtown.

That's all that comes to mind.

SaveSave
  • edited December 2011
    Clear lake to the Galleria would definately be a rough drive for your guests for the reception.  Galleria traffic is ALWAYS a nightmare,.... so you'd be looking at 30 minutes to 1 hour travel time following the ceremony.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Elle1036Elle1036 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I was going to suggest The Grove, too.  So pretty!

But, if you have the ceremony in Clear Lake, I strongly recommend having the reception there too.  If you want to have the reception in town, have the ceremony there, too. Try to keep your ceremony and reception cites within 5 miles of each other.
    edited December 2011
    Another restaurant came to mind--Brady's Landing, which is kind of south Houston.  It may not be too far from Clear Lake if you marry there.  A lot of the ladies on here give rave reviews of that place.

SaveSave
    edited December 2011
    Ok, so I have one: Cadillac Bar.  

Two locations: Houston (I-10 and shepherd) and Kemah (which would be great for a Clear Lake wedding).

The Houston location can fit up to 250, but Kemah seems like the obvious choice because it's gorgeous.  They can fit 120 inside or more outside on the patio.  Sounds lovely.  And the prices seem reasonable.  Dang it I wish I were getting married near Kemah now, lol.

SaveSave
    edited December 2011
    Ok.... one more post... lol

http://www.opentable.com/info/banquets.aspx?m=12#state{MetroAreadID:12|MacroID:55|NeighborhoodList:267,234,2711,6923,235,237,243,246,7124,5108,255,5366,2450,6545,298,265,260,2453,920|CapacityList:51|RequestedRegions:55}

This has a list of houston restaurants that do private events.  You can change the search settings for size of party, type of food, location, etc.

SaveSave
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for all the help ladies! I am going to look in to your suggestions!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards