Moms and Maids

No MoH and No Bridesmaids

So my fiance and I just got engaged, and I knew I would have this dilemma, but I haven't been able to think of a solution. I don't have any friends that I feel close enough to put in my wedding party. A few years ago I had a couple of really close friends, but our relationships grew distant and then just fell apart (irrepairably in the end), and since then, I haven't really found a new group of friends. My old college roommate lives in Cali, but the wedding will be in Washington and I don't think she'll have the resources to attend -- and really, we aren't as close as we used to be either.

Neither my fiance nor I have any sisters, and I don't have any cousins that could stand in either.  My fiance only has one guy friend he wants in the wedding so we wouldn't be too terribly unbalanced if I don't end up finding anyone.. but still. It's a bit embarrassing at the very least. The wedding isn't until Fall 2013 so I have some time.. but I'd like to know, is this a problem any one else has encountered? What should I do?

Re: No MoH and No Bridesmaids

• ElinetrouwtElinetrouwt member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Agree, you'll be fine without. But you seem to be saying there are no girls in your life who can do this - remember that nowadays it is perfectly fine to have a 'man of honor'. So if you have brothers or male friends you'd like to ask, go ahead!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    Many people choose to forego the whole bridal party thing for any number of reasons. Just don't have one. Attendants do very little anyway other than wear matching outfits and walk down the aisle. It will be perfectly acceptable to not include this element – and it will save you a bit of money too!
  • rungirl12rungirl12 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I think it's fine if you don't have a party, but think about your mom, aunts, & cousins as potential choices if you do want someone.  Additionally, since you have a lot of time until your date, perhaps you will find yourself growing closer to someone such as a co-worker.
  • ginadogginadog member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am sorry you feel like you don't have anyone to ask. 

I don't plan to have a wedding party.  I just found it an extra expense for my guests who are already traveling.  It will be much simpler without any wedding party. 

Plus - I have to admit - I do not know what their purpose is anyway!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards